THIRTY FIVE

Dinner with the Ryu's

"Congratulations to the both of you. You finished your high school well and I'm happy that the both of you went home with bonus awards." My mom exclaimed while looking at me and Sujeong. My eyes dropped on her cause I was being captivated by her beautiful smile. "Pretty."

"Pretty? Who are you referring to Taehyung?" Oops! I didn't noticed that I blurted it out. My mom eyed me then she speaks. "Who do you think is he referring to? Like, he was staring at this beautiful lady beside her for the whole time." My mom spokes out with a glared on here eyes, saying "I caught you and this is your punishment."

I looked around and they were all looking at me, even Sujeong. "N-no, I was referring to the place. The place was really beautiful! The antique style of it makes the ambiance fresh and original." I depended then they all laughed at me. "Nice try mister but we also caught you." My dad says making my cheeks burnt red. I eyed him and he just shrugged his shoulders like he wasn't doing something wrong.

"Can I ask you out first Taehyung?" My grandfather says in the middle of the hot seat session. I felt somewhat relief because he pulled me out of being a hot topic yet nervous because he is always being serious whenever he was asking for a private talk with him.

"What are we going to talk grandpa?" I asked first as soon as we settled down on a near by park. He cleared his throat first before speaking.

"The thing that I said to you as a reward, have you thought of it already?" He suddenly asked without bothering himself to look on my way.

Well, I was already have a plan to cancel our marriage today as a wish but it turns out to be nothing when the conversation with Mingyu happened a while ago. Honestly speaking, I already forgotten about it and I just want to enjoy my life with Sujeong cause she is my life actually.

"Taehyung?" My grandfather calls out breaking these thoughts playing around my head once again. "Mmm, grandpa, I want to reserve that thing for now. I haven't thought of it yet." I answered with some sort of hesitations in my tone. I even scratched my nape through this embarrassing moment we have.

"Okay then, I'm easy. Let's go back now." My shy expression a while ago turned into a blank facial expression because of what my grandfather reacted with my embarrassed face. We both headed back and the dessert finally arrives too. I got a chocolate moose cake while this eating bread beside me have her own red velvet cake. We enjoyed the night as we celebrated the end day of our high school life.

"Sujeong, Taehyung we'll go ahead now. Taehyung take care of Sujeong and bring her back home." Mrs. Ryu said bidding her good bye and reminders. "Let's have some walk." Sujeong suggested when the elders finally left.

We walk towards the parking lot with an awkward atmosphere. "Ehem..." Sujeong breaks the silent killer atmosphere. I turned my attention to her and I saw her hesitation to speak.

I took out a heavy breathe, encouraging myself to speak first. "How are you today?" Suddenly the both of us look on each because we asked it in sync. "You first." We both said again in sync.

"Well I was good and becoming better starting today." She said with a smile in her lips. "How about you?" She added.

"I'm better now, especially that you were on my side right now." We both stopped in the middle of the park.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.." She cut me off with a simple gesture, a hug.

"Me too. I was happy cause finally I realized who are you in my life. I finally realized that... I like you." Sujeong raised her head without releasing her hug to look at me. "I like you, no, I love you Kim Taehyung." My heart pounds loudly making her laugh. "I can hear your booming inside. Are you nervous?" She asked.

"A-am I dreaming? Please don't wake me up with this beautiful..." She pecked on my lips and laughs. "Dream." My mouth unconsciously continues the statement I was saying.

"You're not dreaming Taehyung." She tightens her hug so I hugged her back and kiss her head. "I love you so much Ryu Sujeong. You didn't know how happy I am right now." I said from the deepest part of my heart. I cupped her face and ready to kiss her when I hear shouts and popping sounds. We both look around and the elders were all there shouting us to get married already.

"Shall we go to the church now? Since then we are already engaged." I jokingly said and they clapped on us.

"Since the both of you are already in your legal age, you may do kissing now but! The three letter word is not yet allowed." They said and chanted us to kiss. I looked on her and she just smiled at me. I didn't let the opportunity to pass, so I cupped her faced and slowly put my lips on hers. The gentle lips of her was already mine. I savored the moment and we both stared at each other when we pulled out. "I love you Sujeong." I hugged her tightly and she hugs me back. "I love you too Kim Taehyung." She replied.

We both hate each other but then a turned of events happened and make us ended up together. Love is powerful and magical. Impossible things may become possible in terms of love. It is not selfish and it requires so much patience. That's what I learned as I took my journey with my one and only Ryu Sujeong.

THE END

---

THANK Y'ALL FOR YOUR WARM SUPPORT AND LONG PATIENCE! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

INFINITE_HAZEL