A Pregnant Soulmate? - Iwaizumi x Reader

Soulmate! AU – You are born with the first thing your soulmate will say to you on your body!

Everyone has different emotions about their soulmates, er, what their soulmates will end up saying to them. Some love what their soulmate is going to say to them, such as Oikawa. His wrist, in a beautiful, purple calligraphy script, is adorned with the words 'My soulmate is a setter?' He thought it was amazing, because doesn't that mean that his soulmate knows of volleyball?

Iwaizumi would only hum his agreement on the subject, always too occupied by his own writing whenever they mentioned soulmates. After all, his meant that his soulmate wouldn't be a virgin when they met, or wouldn't be too into soulmates. How did he know that, people would ask. Iwaizumi would simply pull down his shirt so they could see his collar bone, and the words that were written with a (sloppy/neat) script in (f/c) writing. 'But I'm pregnant!'

Granted, he didn't show many. Mainly his parents and his trashy best friend. Of course, his teammates had seen it whenever he changed in or out of the volleyball uniform, so they knew too. Everyone was sympathetic, however, and they often suggested that maybe his soulmate wasn't his soulmate. This was a very taboo thing to speak of, but it had happened before. Mistakes are made, after all, and sometimes people are born with the wrong soulmate. Iwaizumi hoped that was the case; otherwise he was stuck with having no soulmate, or a pregnant one.

------

Oikawa found his soulmate last week. It was a short but fiery girl, in the grade below them, with wide grey eyes and purple-dyed hair. She was in the newspaper club, and she had to come and interview the volleyball club. Iwaizumi had brought her to Oikawa, explaining how he was the team captain and also the official setter for the team. She had nodded with mild interest, but her eyes seemed to narrow when she actually saw him.

He joyfully greeted her with a, "Hi, pretty news reporter!"

The girl, whose name was Pani, paled. "My soulmate is a setter?" She asked, and Oikawa's face split into a huge grin. He now never stopped following her around, annoying her as she tried to work in her club and in her classroom.

Iwaizumi, for his part, took this in stride. He understood that Pani was Oikawa's soulmate, and that his lovey-dovey friend would definitely want to be around his soulmate as much as possible. He even tried to be friends with his best friend's soulmate, and as a result, was following her to the drama club.

She had explained previously that her editor wanted her to interview the drama club after getting the positive feedback from the volleyball interview. Pani had tried explaining to the editor that it got positive feedback because she found her soulmate, and because the person she interviewed was the most popular boy in school, but he wasn't having any of it. So, here the trio was, walking towards the drama club as Oikawa clung to Pani like a whiny child.

"And, after this, we can go to the movies?" Oikawa asked, peering down at his soulmate.

Pani shook her head, "No. Not only do you have practice, but that's completely rude to Iwaizumi! You can't just drop him because we've found each other! That's rude!" She karate-chopped his head and he fell off her arm, whining about how mean she was to him.

They were almost to the drama doors when they suddenly busted open, a girl stumbling out. Blood was spurting from her stomach, which was abnormally large. She turned to the first person she saw, which happened to be Iwaizumi, and shrieked in the scariest voice she could manage, "But I'm pregnant!" Then she collapsed to the ground, causing Oikawa and Pani to rush to her side. Iwaizumi knew he should have run to her side as well, but he was frozen. This was his soulmate? A drama geek, with (h/c), (h/c) hair and playful (e/c) eyes? She was beautiful!

The girl suddenly popped up, and from within the drama room came applause. "Good job, Y/n! You did your dare! Next is... Rei!" A cheerful boy's voice said, and another boy yelped in surprise.

"That's not even in order, Nagisa!"

Y/n shook her head and kicked the door closed before turning to the three people around her. "Um, hey? Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! It was a dare! See? I'm not pregnant at all!" She took the fake, pregnant stomach from under her shirt and let it plop onto the floor, the rubber jiggling as blood continued to spurt from it, only weaker now. She looked at Iwaizumi, "Are you okay?"

"Y-You're not actually pregnant!?" He gasped, and Pani and Oikawa turned to him as well. Oikawa had the feint remembrance of what his best friend's soulmate was supposed to say, and he gasped as well. Pani was the only person confused now, because she saw Y/n quickly pull up the bottom of her shirt so that you could see her hip bones. On top of her left hip bone was the sentence 'Y-You're not actually pregnant!?" in Iwaizumi's handwriting.

She smiled at him, "No, no I'm not!"