It's In His Kiss - Kuroo x Reader

Y/n had been invited on a date by Kuroo, the captain of the Nekoma volleyball team. She was completely worried. Sure, they were dating and all, but she had absolutely worried about whether or not he loved her. And if he did, how could she tell?

Does he love me? I want to know
How can I tell if he loves me so?
Is it in his eyes?

Kuroo walked up to his girlfriend's front door, a smile on his face and flowers in his arms. He knocked on the door, rocking back on the balls of his feet as he waited for her to open the door.

It didn't take long, and she was peering straight into his cat-like eyes with the utmost concentration. She wondered, almost absentmindedly, if she'd be able to tell from his eyes. Perhaps they'd be filled with love, adoration, and complete infatuation for Y/n, and she'd know then that he loved her. But, as she peered deeper into them, they were just brown. Brown, with a little fleck of gold in coloration. There was no love, though, in his eyes and so, Y/n just smiled brightly at him, still confused as to where it would show.

Oh, no!
You need to see!
Is it in his sighs?

As they walked down the street, hand-in-hand, Kuroo placed his head on hers and let out a sigh of contentment.

This, again, made Y/n confused. Perhaps, though it was obviously because he was happy, maybe he was also in love? In love with the date, in love with the sensation of being basked with another person's presence, and, just maybe, in love with her. Kuroo suddenly yawned, however, and pretended to snore on her head. His hands slipped to her sides and he hummed into her head.

"I'm going to fall asleep on you, Y/n..." He murmured, and Y/n let out a sigh of discouragement. So he was just tired, and not in love.

Oh, no!
He'll make believe!
If you want to know, if he loves you so,
It's in his kiss!

Kuroo placed a kiss to Y/n's head, and she immediately felt a swell of emotions inside herself. It was as though he had sent his love for her into her body, all with that simple kiss. She now had a goofy smile on her face and swung their hands back and forth due to sheer happiness.

That's where it is!
Is it in his face?

Gripping his girlfriend's face, Kuroo turned her so that they were eye-to-eye again. "Are you okay? You're overly happy today." He commented, and a smile was adorned on his face. This made her face turn red, and she squirmed due to embarrassment.

"Oh, yeah! I'm fine!" She was beginning to believe that his joyful face and happy lips were the source of his joy...Until a few girls walked past. He turned and smiled at them, winking at their blushing faces. Y/n sighed quietly and turned away from him; his love, hopefully, wasn't in his face.

Oh, no!
That's just his charms!
In his warm embrace?

Noticing his girlfriend's jealousy at the other girls, Kuroo laughed and hugged her close to his body. "Is someone jealous?" He teased, peeking down at her just in time to see her pout at him.

Her eyes were set like little daggers to his face, and she was scowling with her cheeks puffed out. He thought it was adorable. "N-no, I'm not!" She stammered, completely embarrassed about being caught in the act but loving the act of him holding her in his arms. His body was so warm, and soothing, and every time he spoke, she could feel his chest vibrating from his vocal cords. He had to love her, right? If he didn't love her, well, he wouldn't hug her like this!

But then Y/n reflected back on it; he hugged Kenma like this. He hugged Bokuto like this, too. And Oikawa, when they saw each other. So, this can't be his form of love for her! Otherwise, it wouldn't be genuine love for only her!

Oh, no!
That's just his arms!
If you want to know, if he loves you so,
It's in his kiss!

Kuroo smirked, tilting her face towards his so he could press a warm kiss to her forehead. "Good. Because you should know that no one can take me away from you~!" He purred the end of his sentence before gripping her hand and dragging her towards their destination.

That's where it is!
-
Kiss him, and squeeze him tight!
Find out what you want to know!

"C-Can I have another kiss?" Y/n whispered, a blush adorning her cheeks as Kuroo peered at her from across the table. He smiled brightly, carding a hand through his hair before leaning forward, towards his girlfriend.

"Of course you can, babe!" And she leaned forward for a kiss too, only for him to turn his head at the last moment and kiss her cheek. She gaped at him, and he just tapped her nose as he pulled away. "We've got to order! Don't pout! You know I'll give you lots of kisses later!" He winked at her and she quickly hid behind her menu. Him saying that... it felt like a basic confession! She scanned the menu, but her mind wasn't on it.

If it's love, if it really is
It's there in his kiss!
How about the way he acts?

What if Kuroo does love her, but he's just too shy to say? Wouldn't kisses do the job for him?

Now Y/n's brain was running a million miles a minute. Kuroo might love her! She felt like she could melt in her seat! Her boyfriend raised an eyebrow at her behavior before turning to the waiter, who strangely looked like Hinata in a fake mustache, and ordering for them both. He knew exactly what she liked, and, of course, money wasn't an issue in his book.

The menu was taken away from them, and Kuroo just gave her a goofy smile as he stared into her eyes. She blushed and looked away, "What is it? Do I have something on my face?"

Kuroo shook his head, grabbing hold of both of her hands and giving them a loving squeeze. "You're just so... cute!"

Oh, no! That's not the way!
And you're not listnin' to all I say!
If you wanna know, if he loves you so,
It's in his kiss!
That's where it is!

"Listen, Kuroo, I want to thank you for this date. I had a lot of fun!" Y/n said with a smile as Kuroo led her to her home.

Though he hadn't said it, she was sure he loved her! He gave her kisses, and that was something that he didn't do with Kenma, Oikawa, or even Bokuto. (Scratch that; he might give Bokuto kisses on the cheek.)

"It was no problem, princess. I love treating you!" Kuroo told Y/n as they neared her home. She knew her family was probably waiting at the window, her little sisters ready to bombard her with questions as soon as she stepped inside.

Y/n moved towards the door, gripping the handle in preparation to open it. "Oh, and Kuroo? I just wanted to say- I love you!" She went to dart inside the house, but the Nekoma captain grabbed her wrist that wasn't on the door and spun her back into his arms, planting his lips on her firmly. Her eyes widened in shock before slowly closing as she kissed him back. Kuroo never said 'I love you' once that day, but she knew he loved her more than anything else in the entire world.

It's in his kiss!
That's where it is!
It's in his kiss!
That's where it is!