Play With Me! - Nishinoya x Reader

It was almost April Fools' Day, Y/n's favorite day of the year. Ah, all the pranks she would play on her dearest friends and family! Of course, they always knew they were going to be pranked... so it wasn't as fun to antagonize the same people. She was debating giving up entirely, honestly. She wanted a challenge, but she was almost a hundred percent that there wasn't anyone she hadn't pranked. Y/n let out a sigh of disheartenment before plopping into her seat, awaiting the teacher's arrival.

"-So, you're staying in the gym this weekend? Like a sleepover?" A classmate asked Nishinoya Yuu as they entered their classroom together.

Nishinoya nodded his consent. "Yeah! It'll be great! Of course, it'll be April Fools' Day as well, but we've already made a pact to not prank each other this weekend!" He had a bright smile on his face as he sat down next to Y/n, giving her a nod of recognition before returning to his conversation with the boy.

Y/n, of course, did not hear the rest of their conversation. She was too busy plotting and planning their gym sleepover, imagining her plans coming to life. What a stroke of luck! She thought she was going to have to give up, and here comes a group of new suckers she had never pranked before, basically offering an opportunity!

The teacher entered the classroom and greeted the students, beginning the lesson and leaving the students' conversations in the dust. Y/n was mentally cackling, oh how much fun she was going to have!

-----------------------------

"Y-You know, this place is a bit creepier when-uh- when the lights are off!" Hinata whispered to Tanaka as they entered the gymnasium, quivering slightly.

Daichi laughed at them both and continued to lead the way. "Then we'll just have to turn on the," he flicking the light switch next to him, "lights!"

The entire Karasuno team screamed, including Kageyama and Tsukishima. For, sitting in front of them, was a little doll. It looked fairly plain, and like a young girl's toy. It wore a kimono and had a black bob of hair, arms at its sides and eyes staring into their own. For a few of the volleyball team members, however, it wasn't just staring into their eyes; it was staring into their souls!

Tsukishima stared at it. "What is that?"

The mom of the group, Sugawara, gulped. "Well, it's a-uh, a doll, first of all, and um, it's also- Daichi!" He turned towards the captain, "What is that!?"

Daichi went to speak, but was interrupted by the doll itself. "Play with me!" It shrieked, and its limbs jerkily moved in an attempt to move closer to the team. "Play with me!" Nishinoya and Tanaka screeched in fear before latching onto each other, both sobbing like babies.

"Kill it!" Hinata shrieked, "Kill it with fire!" Kageyama, although he was freaked out as well, ran forward and kicked it, causing it to fly against the back wall of the gym. It crashed into the wall and shrieked again, its voice now jumbled.

"P-Playyyyy with meeee..." It groaned, still trying to move its legs and arms as it lay on its side. Its hair was now a mess, but it stared at the group evenly.

Yamaguchi stared back, unable to speak due to his fear. "Uh... uh... Tsukki!" He screamed, clinging to his friend who was too busy trying to figure out what the hell was going on to be angry at him.

"Play-Play-Play-Play-Play-Play-Play..." The doll seemed to be repeating itself, and this made Daichi raise an eyebrow. He slowly walked towards it, the team cowering behind him. Every time he turned around to look at them, they would shrink back until he looked at the doll again.