A Girl Worth Winning For! - Karasuno Team x Reader

 Every time the Karasuno team got onto the bus for a practice match, they'd groan and moan about the long bus ride to the other team's court. Sure, they had fun once they got there, but the ride there was excruciating. Everyone was in their designated seats, from Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Hinata in the back to Ukai and Takeda in the front near the bus driver.

The team players let out a soft sigh, and Asahi looked out the window towards the city streets around them. "For a long time, we've been marching off to battle..." He hummed softly, leaning his head against the window as his seat sharer, Kinoshita, caught on to what he was saying.

"In our thundering herd, we feel a lot like cattle." He let out another sigh before leaning back in his seat, imagining how loud the gym they were arriving to would be.

Sugawara, the obvious mom of the group, nodded in agreement from his seat across from them. He smiled wearily as he referenced the music playing from Tsukishima's, who was sitting in front of him, "Like the pounding beat, our aching feet aren't easy to ignore~!"

Suddenly, Tanaka, who had overheard the entire thing and was audacified to hear his friends and superiors complaining, stood up. "Hey! Think of instead..." he paused, making sure the team was paying attention to him, "a girl worth winning for!"

One of the first years, a cute, freckled boy named Yamaguchi, stared at him. "Huh?"

Nishinoya smiled, catching on to his friend's plan, and standing up with him. "That's what he said! A girl worth winning for~!" He basically sang it out as he, and the others on the team smiled at Y/n and Kiyoko, who were chatting casually to each other.

Tanaka sighed again, leaning against his seat as he invisioned the perfect girl. "I want her paler than the moon..."

"With eyes that shine like stars!" Narita suggested, causing Tanaka to nod at him excitedly while Yamaguchi just stared blankly at them both.

The libero scoffed at the others, "My girl will marvel at my strength; adore my battle scars!" He showed them all his bruises from training, and Asahi was still astonished at how much he worked for the team.

Hinata decided to chime in, rubbing his stomach as he did. "I couldn't care less what she'll wear, or what she looks like!"

The tall, main setter nodded in agreement. "It all depends on what she cooks like!"

They said the next part in unison, causing everyone else to give them funny looks. "Beef, pork, chicken, mmmh!"

Daichi turned to Yamaguchi, smiling politely at him. "I bet the local girls thought you were quite the charmer!"

"And I'll bet the ladies love a man in uniform!" Sugawara winked, causing him to blush scarlet and looked down at his uniform in embarrassment. Somehow, as they all basically sang to one another, none of the personnel up front noticed their singing.

Nishinoya and Tanaka wrapped their arms around each other, singing out the next part to each other. "You can guess what we have missed the most since we started playing this sport! What do we want?"

Everyone, except for Tsukishima and Yamaguchi because one was embarrassed and one had his headphones in, called out in unison. "A girl worth winning for!"

The tall ace smiled at his team, especially leaning towards Yamaguchi as to explain to him. "My girl will think I have no faults!"

"That I'm a major find!" Narita commented, and the team turned to Yamaguchi for his imput.

"Uh, how 'bout a girl who's got a brain? Who... always speaks her mind?" He suggested, and they turned away in boredom.

"Nah."

Tanaka tore off his shirt in excitement, smiling broadly as he hollered out. "My manly ways and turn of phrase are sure to thrill her!"

With a laugh and a shake of his head, Sugawara murmured to his best friend, "He thinks he's such a lady killer~!"

Tsukishima had taken his headphones out by this point, smirking in amusement at the other guys' weird pastime. He turned to Yamaguchi while jutting his nose up in the air as an act of arrogance. "I've a girl back home who's unlike any other..."

Hinata giggled and whispered to Kageyama, "Yeah, the only girl who'd love him is his mother!" They both covered their mouths as they laughed, but Tsukishima heard them and turned to glare at them.

The bus was beginning to come to a stop, and the players stood up to get their things. "But when we come home, in victory, they'll line up at the door!" Ennoshita explained to Yamaguchi, before Kinoshita bumped into them both.

"What do we want?"

Yamaguchi, who had finally seemed to grasp the concept of this entire ordeal, smiled. "A girl worth winning for!" The others nodded, and Nishinoya sighed as they climbed off the bus.

"Wish that I had..."

"A girl worth winning for!" The boys chimed in as they entered the Seijo gym, beginning to watch the players warm up. "A girl worth winning-" The entire team gasped and stopped their song as their co-coach, L/n Y/n, ran up to Iwaizumi and jumped into his arms. She squealed in joy, planting her lips on his as Tanaka and Nishinoya feinted on the ground.

The other boys let out a dejected sigh, preparing their own warm ups. The musical number was over, and none of them even got a girl!