Theme Park Problems - An IwaOi One-Shot

Go to the theme park with Oikawa, they said.

It'll be fun, they said.

As Iwaizumi Hajime rounded the same rollercoaster three times in search of the talented setter, he was beginning to question his friends' sanity. In all honesty, he knew agreeing to take Oikawa to the theme park would be a bad idea, but Daichi and Suga – whose relationship was panning out very well – had smiled at each other as they told about their own trip to the amusement park, and Iwaizumi was sold. He wanted Oikawa to look at him like that, with love and joy and a mind filled with a million and one inside jokes about the park.

Iwaizumi placed the phone to his ear, only to hear Oikawa's voicemail three minutes later. He gritted his teeth and forced the phone into his pocket. Of course. He knew this would happen, that Oikawa would get distracted by something shiny and wander off. Hajime meandered towards the fun houses, trying not to look like a worried mother and more like a casual teen. As he moved, he was mentally making a checklist of things to do.

1. Find Trashykawa

2. Make sure he isn't hurt.

3. Make him hurt.

Personally, he thought it was a pretty smart plan. He poked his head into the mirror maze, scowling when all he saw was variations of his own angry look. Shaking his head, Iwaizumi tried not to imagine pulling out all of his hair before he was twenty.

He thought about happy thoughts, but these only made him more irritated. His 'happy thoughts' were memories of Oikawa and himself on various dates, at matches, and even just relaxing at his house. Even when he was trying to relax, that idiot managed to weasel his way into everything he did!

Walking around the fifteenth concession stand he had seen that day, Iwaizumi tried to strain himself and listen for his idiotic friend- only to freeze and drop open his mouth in horror. Standing in front of him, around fifty feet away, was a man handing out animal balloons with a bright smile on his face. The balloons weren't the problem, though. It was the man holding them.

He was a clown.

Iwaizumi had to choke back his screech of terror and took a shaky step backwards, immediately blanking on everything he was supposed to do. He thought briefly about Oikawa, but resigned to having the brunet come and find him when he got bored of flirting with the workers.

The clown laughed heartily and turned towards Iwaizumi, who felt as though the clown wasn't looking into his eyes but instead into his soul. He gasped from fear of the wild looking man and turned to run, barreling away as fast as he could. Of course, volleyball and its training came in handy with this, because he was closing in on the pier that is at one edge of the park before slowing to a walk.

The pier was a beautiful sight, if you were into that sort of thing. Seagulls were flying above, shrieking out to one another for various reasons. The waves, a darker blue than the navy bracelet Iwaizumi was currently wearing, crashed against one another with such intensity that Hajime shivered.

"Kind of intense, isn't it?" A smooth voice commented from next to him, and Iwaizumi whirled to see his boyfriend staring out at the ocean with a blank look on his face. Iwaizumi was used to his mood swings, and wasn't all that surprised by his current solemn mood. Sure, he had imagined that Oikawa would be jumping for joy once they got into the park, but he had, and Hajime imagined now that the novelty of the park had worn out its welcome with the fast-paced Tooru.

Tooru, on the other hand, was not encompassed by a million thoughts, but only on one. He wanted to comment on what he had seen when he and Iwaizumi were apart in the park, but couldn't spit it out before a smirk ebbed its way onto his face. Oikawa let out a small giggle, and Iwaizumi stared him down. "What?"

Oikawa shrugged and looked away, "Oh, nothing. I was just surprised..., that's all."

"Surprised about what?" Iwaizumi grumped out, crossing his arms as he leaned against the railing and looking back at where the nightmare had been.

With a laugh, Oikawa leaned on his boyfriend's shoulder. "The fact that you're scared of clowns~!" he teased, elbowing Hajime as his scowl deepened. "I mean, who would have imagined that!"

The black haired boy, on the other hand, had a cross look on his face that was closely accompanied by a blush. "S-Shut up, Shittykawa."

Oikawa blanched, recoiling from his boyfriend before acting as if he had burned him. "You're always so mean to me, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa was willing to let the idea of Iwaizumi go for now, but something told Hajime that, in only a few hours, all of the Aobajousai volleyball team would know.

He let out a rough blow of air through his nose, making a mental note to himself: Do not take advice from Sugawara Koushi, or Sawamura Daichi, ever again.

Extra Ending!!

The park was having a firework show in ten minutes, or so the man conducting the Ferris wheel had told Iwaizumi and Oikawa as they boarded onto the rickety seats. Oikawa had all but bounced for joy, constantly rocking the seats as he tried to see where the booming colors would be coming from.

Iwaizumi was, on the other hand, trying to save their lives. "Assykawa, stop rocking the damn carriage!" he snapped, and Oikawa turned to look at him with a devious smile on his lips.

"Aww," he cooed, in the best baby voice he could manage, "is someone scared of heights, too?" Iwaizumi scowled at him and tried to hit his head, but Oikawa moved out of the way in time. "Don't worry, babe, I'll keep you distracted!" Hajime wanted to ask how, but he didn't get the chance to as Oikawa's lips pushed against his. Oikawa was smiling into the kiss, closing his eyes as he held Iwaizumi's face to his own.

Iwaizumi eventually fell into the kiss himself, running a hand through his boyfriend's soft hair with ease. Oikawa hummed as they pulled apart, smiling cheekily at the ace. "Did that distract you?"

"S-Shut up, Assykawa!"

The brunet went to reply when, from two carriages below them, came the voice of Kuroo, who had his own arm wrapped securely around the game-playing Kenma. "Get a room, you two horny bastards!" He teased, winking up at Iwaizumi and Oikawa.