15 Years

Colby's POV

"Hi sweetie!" I greeted the small child standing in front of me. She laughed and jumped up into my arms.

"Hi daddy!" She exclaimed. I smiled at her and wrapped her little legs around my waist.

"How's my sweet little angel been?" I ask looking into her soft blue eyes. "Mrs. Tina gave me a stickie!" She exclaimed pointing to a small heart sticker on her sweater.

"That's beautiful, baby." I smile at her and put her feet back on the ground. Almost immediately after her feet touched the ground she ran to the fridge and yanked open the white door.

"Avery! What did I just tell you earlier?" I scolded crossing my arms. Avery pouted and closed the door. "No snacks before dinner." She mumbled.

"Good girl. You want to help me wake up Callum?" I asked squatting down to her eye level. She shook her head and ran to her room.

"Ah, fine! I can do this without you!" I half-yell up the stairs, scoffing. I walked down the hall from the stairs and into Callum's room. "Baby boy! It's time to wake up!" The baby stirred in his sleep. I slowly put the side of his crib down so I could grab him. He made these cute little whimpers in protest. "I know, I know." I mumbled. He slowly opened his eyes revealing his sweet purple pupils.

I rocked his small form back and forth, until he seemed wide awake. "That's it." I heard the door bell ring from the front door and heard Eb yell saying she would get it. I slowly put Callum down on the changing table and changed his diaper before I carried him out into the living room.

"Dad! Sam's here!" Elizabeth yelled from the foyer. I put Callum down in his play pen and jogged to the door. "Hey, man! How's it going!" I greeted once I saw Sam's dirty blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. "Not too bad!" Sam said back giving me and quick hug.

Clinging to Sam's coat was a little girl with Sam's dirty blonde hair and her mom's green eyes. "Hey there Delilah." I exclaimed. "Come on in don't be shy. Avery is up in her room playing, why don't you go join her." I gestured to the stairs and she whispered a quiet 'thank you' before sprinting to the staircase. "Careful, Hun! Don't go to fast up those stairs!" Sam yelled after her before smiling at me and following me to the living room.

"What's Elizabeth doing back?" Sam asked after he settled down on the couch. "It's spring break, dude! Why wouldn't she be back?" I asked. "Oh! Right! Sorry I forgot! Man, it's so surreal to think about our lives. Elizabeth, being twenty one and in college. Your daughter Avery is already five. And Callum's birthday is tomorrow, turning two. Heh... and my baby Delilah turned five last week. They grow up too fast." Sam stopped talking for a minute, giving me time to think about everything.

Elizabeth is twenty one and in college. Her major is music. She has always shown such a powerful interest in songs and instruments. As soon as she got into middle school she joined band. Who knew that seven years in band would be enough to get her a full scholarship to get in to Princeton. The only thing that sucks about that is that she had to move so far away. Across the country.

Avery is five and in first grade. She has taken a couple big interests in school, including; art, gym, and technology. She is one sweet little girl. She never fights with other kids and she has always gotten along with everybody. One time this kid was bullying her and right when he was about to hit her she wrapped her skinny little arms around him and gave him a huge hug. The kid never bullied another kid again after that.

Callum is almost two. Obviously he hasn't shown an interest in anything yet, but I can tell that he is a quick learner. He is going to be an excellent listener too. When you talk to him, even if he doesn't understand a single word you say, he'll stare at you and give you full eye contact as you tell your stories.

Savannah... my beautiful, loving wife. She graduated college six years ago and became a full time kindergarten teacher. She absolutely adores her job, and by the sounds of it, the kids adore her too. She actually taught Avery when she was in kindergarten. Savannah and I got married at our ripe ages of thirty. Ten years after... the accident. That same year after the wedding and honeymoon Savannah told me she was pregnant. I still remember the exact moment she told me.

Five years earlier

"What he hell is wrong with you?! How could you just up and delete my video when I never uploaded it yet?!"

"I'm sorry! I thought you had it on YouTube already!"

"Well obviously I didn't." I crossed my arms.

Savannah sighed and slowly placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, babe. Can I tell you something?" She asked. I sighed and looked at her. "Honey. I'm pregnant." All of a sudden my anger dropped like a huge weight had just lifted from my shoulders.

"You're... you're pregnant?" I asked. She nodded her head with a huge smile on her face. My own smile crept to my face as a place my hand on her belly as though I would feel and kick then and there.

Five years back to present time.

That was the happiest day of my life. But then three years later we had Callum.

My life was a mess.

Now it's a dream.

Because of...

The Girl of My Dreams.

-XandriaGaming

Don't worry this was only a taste of the future!

But You have a short ways to go before the book actually ends!

Bye!!