Bath

Chap 15: Bath

Victor's POV

I didn't expect to fall asleep for the whole night, but in the end that's exactly what happened. I guess taking care of Yuuri yesterday really made me tired because it was 8:00 AM. I looked over to where Yuuri was and freaked out when I didn't see him right away.

I tossed the covers around like a maniac, until I saw the sleeping boy hidden under the covers. I was a bit angry at myself for forgetting that I cannot sleep in the same bed as him because I could squish him, but at the same time I was relieved to see that it went well.

Yuuri seemed to still be tired, and I had a feeling he would sleep for a while so I grabbed my phone from the bedside table. Once I turned it on I saw it was practically blown up with messages asking about Yuuri. I opened a few of them from Yuri, Otabek, Pichit, and Celestino who were all asking me what had happened.

I texted them back giving them the whole story of the park trip and decided to look at what day it was. I haven't been keeping much track of it since Yuuri turned into an infant so I was a bit curious.

I went to calendar on my phone and then froze. It was saturday. One more day until Yuuri was back. I felt a sudden rush of happiness fill me as I looked at the sleeping boy, I couldn't wait to talk to him again, for him to hug and love me again, I couldn't wait to see his flustered face when I teased him again, I couldn't wait to skate with him and make dad jokes around Yurio, I couldn't wait to see Pichit take millions of pictures of us and post it on his "secret instagram account" that he thinks we don't know about, and I couldn't wait to have that feeling of knowing that this one's mine.

I looked down at Yuuri and noticed that his hair had gotten a lot longer since he first came, it was a bit messy and in all honesty I really liked it. It reminded me of that time in Russia when he was running to Yuri and I.

I smiled at the memory and got out of bed, what was I going to do today? I knew I couldn't go out with Yuuri now, since everyone won't stop talking about it, so I thought of things that I could do at home. I slid across my hardwood floors in my socks and twirled as I thought about what to do.

As I thought, I ended up noticing that I hadn't properly given Yuuri a bath. I've taken a few in the span of time while he was sleeping, but I just realized that he's never gotten one. I thought for a moment on how babies take baths and decided that it was due time for one. I thought about the best way to bathe him and decided to use the sink, the baby website I've been using said that was a good idea, and from what I've learned, "The internet is always right".

Yuuri was still sleeping so I decided to quickly get the bath ready, by the time I'm done he should be awake. I walked over to the kitchen and turned on the water, I checked the water's temperature and once it was warm (not hot) I let it fill the sink. I filled it up about half way and then got some dish soap to make bubbles for him.

After the bubbles started to form I ran to the bathroom to get some things like soap to clean Yuuri, and then somehow found a small rubber duckie. I smiled sadly at the duck as I remembered that day.

~

"Victor!" Yuuri called. I quickly turned around and looked for my husband over the tons of ails, and once I saw that mop of black hair I made my towards him. "What is it Yuuri" I ask looking over his shoulder. He was holding a small rubber duckie and he had a weird smile, "can I get this?" he asked me. I laughed and hugged him from behind, "and why do you want it?" I counter leaning over some more so I could look him in the eyes.

His face heated up suddenly, and I got an idea of where he was going with this now. "U-um well, y-you see, I-i was thinking" he sighed and stopped trying to speak and coughed, "we're married now, and I want to one day start a family with you. As cheesy as it sounds I want to be ready. You never know what might happen" he beamed.