Goodnight

Chap 6: Goodnight

I tried to smile as I looked at Yuri, he was so tiny now. I picked him up and cradled him in my arms, he giggled at the action and reached out for me. I took out one hand beneath him and gave him my finger which he took as if it were my hand. "Where is Yuri going to sleep tonight?" Pichit asked out of nowhere. I turned to him, "he's coming back to my place of course" I say as if it were obvious. "So you're going to get the whole cradle into a car then into your apartment?" he asked raising an eyebrow. I paused for a moment and looked at Yuri in my arms, "I didn't think of that" I say looking back at Pichit. "I want to stay with Yuri though" I exclaim squeezing him tighter, "so many things have happened today and I don't think I can handle being separated from him right now." I finish looking up at them desperately. The group stayed quiet, "how about tonight you take Yuri home and take a bunch of pillows and put them on the side of the bed so he doesn't fall off. I recommend you don't sleep in the same bed with him as well just in case you might crush him" Celestino suggests looking up at me. I smiled and nodded, "thank you Celestino! It means a lot!" I yell grabbing my coat from Pichits bed. I quickly slip the coat on and put my shoes on, then take a small blanket Celestino had purchased and wrapped Yuri in it. "You're going to leave right now?" Pichit asked surprised. I nod and look at Yurio and Otabek who had gotten their coats on as well, "I guess we'll be going as well since Victor's our ride" Yurio said grabbing Otabek's hand. Pichit sighed and waved at the us, "alright, we'll see you tomorrow!" he yelled as we walked out the door.

On the way back to my apartment we had stopped for takeout because we had never eaten. We had to stop in the parking lot to eat our food, and because of how late it was getting we had to eat fast. I dropped Yurio and Otabek at their house before finally heading home, "we're still having practice tomorrow right?" Yurio had asked before I left. I didn't really know what to say but in the end I ended up agreeing.

Once Yuri and I got home I immediately went to the kitchen. I pulled out banana's and other fruits and began to blend them in the blender. "After you eat it's bedtime okay?" I say looking at Yuri. I knew he couldn't understand but I for some reason felt that it was necessary to say. Once the food was ready I grabbed a spoon and a bowl and emptied the contents of the blender into it. I walked over to Yuri and got a spoonful ready for him, "open wide~" I say teasingly. He opened his mouth and ate the spoonful. I couldn't help but smile as Yuri messily ate the mashed up fruits. It was actually really adorable to watch him struggle to eat the food I was giving him. He didn't really have any teeth so I knew I would have to feed him this mush for awhile.

I picked up Yuri and brought him to the bedroom where I made sure that it was secure before grabbing an extra pillow and blanket and laid down on the floor. Yuri looked so calm as he started to fall asleep. I moved a bit of hair from his face and smiled, "I can't believe this happened to you, my love. I'm so stupid aren't I? How have you dealt with me for so long?" I ask the sleeping child."I've always admired that about you and look what I've done. I've turned you into an infant" I whisper looking at him, "I promised to coach Yurio, and I promised you that I would take care of you, but look what I've done!" I say raising my voice a bit. A tear slipped from my eye, "when you come back, please forgive me my love" I beg resting my head on the bed.
~
This is very small, I know. But I wanted to try and get something in for christmas! I think that I will possibly make a christmas special for you all. Take it as my gift you, and thanks for reading and voting on this story so far! Merry Christmas!
-Lillian