Yurio's feelings

Chap 5: Yurio's feelings

So far I've been at Pichit's house while Victor and Celestino went out to go get some baby items. "Hey Yuri!" Pichit said while trying to play with me. It's kind of weird to see him act like this, but for some reason I couldn't stop myself from giggling. "Yurio! You should come and play with him too" Pichit said waving Yurio over. Yurio shook his head and continued to scroll through pictures of cats, "that's still Yuri, I'd rather not" he said blantly returning his focus on the cats. Pichit rolled his eyes, "what is it with you and Yuri?" Yurio groaned, "do we have to talk about this" he asked angrily. Pichit nodded and he frowned, "fine, it's just I don't get what's so great about him. Yeah he's an amazing skater but it always confused me on how he managed to get the attention of Victor with just a simple video" he said slowly, "it made me jealous at the time and I just wanted Victor to myself, I wanted him to be my coach, not his." He said a lot quieter. Otabek turned and pulled his arms around Yurio tightly, "I just hated seeing it so even though Yuri did nothing wrong I just decided to take my anger out on him. I just don't want to admit the fact that I feel he's better than me, I'd rather deny it and live in a false reality where I got what I wanted" he said sighing. He took a deep breath, in and out, then continued, "luckily though I've found Otabek and could care less about what Victor is doing but I just don't know how to apologize to Yuri so I just ignore and act the same" he finishes. Pichit and I stare at him in shock. Is that really how he feels? "You poor child!!" Pichit says before lunging at Yurio giving him a hug, "Oi! Get off me!" Yurio yelled as he fell back onto Otabek with Pichit on top of them. Otabek sighed as all the weight landed on him and pushed them off making Pichit fall to the floor and once again Otabek grabbed Yuri from behind and laid his head on his shoulder.

For awhile Pichit played with me until finally we heard the door open and tired Victor came in. "hey Victor!.... Are you okay?" Pichit said trailing off. Victor sighed and laid down on the bed and grabbed me, pulling me into a hug. "That Celestino, really, really, tires me" he said into the pillow. We all looked at him confused when all the sudden Celestino came running in with a ton of baby items. There was a blender, a high chair, a crib, a bib, utensils, plates, cups, and much more. Everyone turned to him and he smiled, "alright! This should be good!" he said happily unpacking a few things from the bags revealing a ton of fruits and vegetables. 

"Um Celestino... What's all this?" Pichit asked looking at all the supplies. "Well you see, we need to make sure we take care of Yuri properly you know? Plus, what if when he gets back to normal he gets mad at us for giving him the bad stuff" he said making the group stop. One question raced in their head as they thought, 'does he see everything we're doing?'.

Yurio's eyes widened as he stared at Pichit, he had just spilled out the reason for his actions and Yuri could've heard. Otabek held Yurio as the frightened boy started to shake, he didn't want me to know these things. I looked at how frightened he was and felt something inside me break, I've always jokingly been like a dad to him with Victor, but now it's different. "Should we test it? Test if Yuri can hear everything?" Victor said hopefully. Victor and Celestino nodded not noticing the odd silence coming from everyone else. "Yuri, if you can see or hear us hit the bed three times with your hand on the count of three" he said looking at me. I looked over at Yurio who's terrified eyes made me make my decision. "1...2...3" Victor said but my hands stayed in my lap, Victor's face fell a bit, "alright let's do it again, Yuri 1...2..3" he said almost desperate then paused waiting for my reaction but I just put my head to the side and made a confused face. The look on Victor's face I'll never forget. I know he's worried about me, doesn't like the state I'm in but I was sure this decision was right. I turned over to look at Yurio who had his head in his hands and when he took his hands off his face, the smile he had on his face was enough to make me happy. For once I had actually done something to make Yurio smile. And that's all I could ask for.

sorry I don't always post as much! I've been trying to post more is this but it's become a really hard task... I usually write on a google doc where I like to keep things ahead, so usually I've already written the next chapter but right now I don't. I haven't even started on it so i've got to get to work! Sorry if I made any mistakes in my writing! Thank you for reading
-Lillian