fourty-one | who's the angsty man?

ZAY CONT.
at Rosewood Park, in New York.

Where was Smackle?

I had been waiting at the entrance of the park for at least 15 minutes, but Smackle had yet to arrive. Maybe she got caught in a traffic jam?

I sighed, thinking of the possibility of her being too busy with her new friends.

I got my phone out and turned it on. I received 3 messages. I pressed on the notification, leading me to Instagram's direct message.

They were from Smackle! Finally!

I clicked on them, only to have my excited smile turn into a frown.

geniusisadora: sorry, Zay!!!!!

geniusisadora: there was a last minute meet up and I really need to go to this one!

geniusisadora: I'm so so sorry and I will try super hard to meet up w you soon ☹️

I sighed loudly, and made my way back home.

------------------------------------------------------

MAYA
at Woodluck Beach, in Texas.

I ran on the beach as quickly as I could, shouting to the blonde guy, "Catch me if you can!"

"Oh, you're gonna regret running away," Lucas teased with a smirk as he started running. Fast.

We had gone out in the afternoon for lunch, and spent the day shopping in the mall nearby and lastly, coming to this beach for some alone time.

With his long legs, I should've expected him to be much, much faster than me. And so, he caught up with me quickly and tickled me in the sides.

I laughed loudly, trying to push his hands away. "Stop! Stop! Okay, sorry!" I cried.

"Hmm, why don't you give me a little kiss on my cheek to make me stop...?" Lucas smirked.

"Never," I said jokingly.

"Well, then..." he continued to tickle me and I struggled even harder.

I quickly tip-toed and my hands reached for his cheek. Tilting my head to the side, I kissed him on the cheek, then pulled back, making my way out of his grip and stood there waiting for a reaction.

He was surprised, but he soon wrapped his arms around me, and we hugged. The sound of wave crashing on the beach, the fact that only the two of us were on this deserted beach, the glaring orange and red lights from the sunset... it was all I could've dreamed of.

We pulled away for a while, and then I told him, "Hey, huckleberry. I'm glad I'm here with you."

"Me too, short stack."

I chuckled - pretty surprising for Maya Hart, huh? - and hugged him even more tightly.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Several minutes passed, and we were strolling on the sandy beach, our hands intertwined.

I kicked sand with my bare feet as I walked along with him. I sensed him turning his head to the left to look at me, and I quickly blushed.

"Why are you blushing?" he asked cheekily.

"What? I wasn't." I turned to look at him, realizing that he was staring at me, so I quickly looked towards the sunset.

"Why are you avoiding eye contact?" he asked again.

"I wasn't, but the sky is so beautiful," I stopped walking and turned to look at the sky. "Look at that."

He stopped as well, and told me as he looked into my eyes, "As beautiful as you are."

I blushed again, and continued walking, with him following behind.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"Mum! We're home!" Lucas shouted as he opened the door and hung his coat on the rack.

I hung mine too, then called out, "Hi, Mrs Friar!"

"Ooh, you two are back! Come here, I was just getting ready for dinner," she said sweetly, as I saw her setting a plate of chicken down on the table.

We kicked our shoes off and walked over to the dining table.

I took a deep breath and told Mrs Friar, "Mmm... smells amazing."

"Thank you, sweetie," she smiled at me gently.

She took a seat, and then we started eating in silence.

"So, how was your da—" Mrs Friar started saying, trying to break the ice, but got cut off by the doorbell.

"I'll go get it!" I volunteered, and excitedly ran towards the door. I turned the doorknob quickly, but before I even pulled the door open, the person on the other side barged in, pushing the door forcefully, therefore, also pushing me to the side, causing me to hit the wall.

"Ow!" I rubbed my head, as I looked up to see who the angsty man was.

I could only see his back view, but could notice that he was skinny, wore black clothes and had brown hair. Hmm... seemed famili—

Uh-oh.