twenty-nine | smackle's feelings

IN REAL LIFE

SMACKLE
at home, in New York.

I cried. I cried all day.

I locked myself up in my room, and listened to Zay calling out for me for half an hour, and then there was silence. Oh, did I mention that I cried, too?

I was going to ask him to be my boyfriend. He was ready, I wasn't. And now that I am, that had to happen.

I was even going to give Zay a present I'd prepared long ago. It was a jar. Full of different colored pieces of paper.

On each piece had words written on it.

I'd written things I'd like to do with him in the future on the yellow pieces of paper.

I wrote things we'd done before on the purple pieces of paper.

I included some inspiring quotes to lift his spirits on sad days on the red pieces of paper.

And all the things I loved about him on the blue pieces of paper.

And on the jar, I'd written down instructions which said that he could only open one of the pieces of paper to read everyday. I made 365 pieces, so he had one to read each day.

And then this precious present I'd put so much effort into broke into many pieces just now.

Oh, and Zay hugged Maya.

Maybe people would think I'm making too big a deal out of this, but no. To me, it means that Zay actually wanted to hug Maya. I, the one he apparently liked, hadn't hugged him yet, or even held hands with him, and Maya did already? I was supposed to do that just now, after I asked him to be my boyfriend. I was supposed to be the first in the group to hug him. I was supposed to be the one he loved the most.

And what hurts the most is that Zay doesn't even realize what I was fussing over. The whole time, he kept shouting out, "Smackle, what's wrong?" or "Why did you run off? Come out to talk to me please!"

As I thought about it, more tears flowed out and I cried aloud.

Why can't a boy just like me? Even if Zay did, why did he have to hug her? Especially when I was there? Why can't I be his? Why?

I breathed in, and wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.

I'm not going to let him and Maya affect me. I'm going to forget this ever happened, I'm going to forget that we all ever met, and I'm going to go to school tomorrow and forget all about the stupid gang.

-------------------------------------------------------

ZAY
on Smackle's doorstep, in New York.

30 minutes had passed since I'd come over here to get her to come down and talk.

I didn't get it. Maya simply came over to give me the schedule for the activities we were doing in school the next day, so I hugged her to thank her because my teacher would have scolded me badly if I'd not brought it.

And all of a sudden, I heard the sound of glass shattering and I immediately turned around, seeing Smackle looking down at the bag probably full of shattered glass, and a few pieces on the floor. Her eyes were filled with disappointment, though I had no idea why.

She ran down to pick up her things, ignored me when I asked her what was wrong, and she ran out.

Right after that, I spotted a piece of yellow paper on the floor, folded into half. I opened it up and read the words on it.

It said:

THINGS I WANNA DO WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE:

spend my entire life with you.

I was extremely surprised, not knowing what the piece of paper was. Did she want to give me this?

More importantly, she wanted to spend her life with me? I had to run after her.

And... Maya? She called out to me to tell me that she was going to head home first, and to call her if I needed help. I thanked her, and ran as quickly as I could.

"Smackle! Wait!" I shouted loudly, as she ran as fast as she could.

By the time I'd reached her doorstep, the door was already closed and I was panic like crazy. I kept shouting for her for an entire 30 minutes, then I stopped when I realized I was getting too noisy.

I sat on her doorstep, opening the piece of paper again.

I need to find out what's wrong with her. I can't live without her.

So I waited for more than an hour, and then all of a sudden, there was lightning, and then came the thunder.

It was going to rain soon. But I wasn't going to leave until I could get her down.

"Smackle! I don't know what I did wrong, but I want to spend my entire life with you, too! You left a piece of paper in my house just now, and you said you wanted to, too! I love you, Isadora Smackle! Please, come down! I need to talk to you, and I can't live without you!"

I waited for a few minutes, but there was no response.

I sighed, and continued to sit on the doorstep, despite the fact that I knew it was going to be raining cats and dogs.

"Smackle, please!" I shouted, as the rain started pouring down.

I got up again, then went to the side of the house to check if she was at the window.

She wasn't.

"Smackle!" I shouted once more.

I waited for a few minutes, but there was no response. As I started to turn away, I heard a gentle and soft voice.

"Why the heck are you still down there? It's raining!"

Smackle.

I quickly turned around and looked up.

"SMACKLEEEE!" I was so happy to see her.

"Please talk to me!" I told her.

And then, she disappeared out of sight.

------------------------------------------------------

HEY AGAIN YALLLL!!! we just hit 3K views and you have no idea how thankful I am to you guys ❤️ I had never expected to get even a 100 views when I started writing!

Also, HERES A CLIFFHANGER FOR YALLLLLLLLLL I'm going to try to update as often as I can from now on!!!! 🌞