thirty-four | maya

RILEY CONT.
at school, in New York.

What? That isn't Farkle's voice.

I immediately spun around, my hair flying up in the air, and, apparently, smacking deep-voice guy in the face.

"Ow!" A brown-haired, hot guy exclaimed, covering part of his eye.

"Oh my god! Sorry!" I tried to help him, but ended up laughing my ass off.

"Hey! Stop laughing! Rude," the guy said.

Damn, he was hot. His nose was sharp as a knife, his smooth, brown hair naturally covering part of his eye, and his musc—

No. Riley Matthews, stop it. You are in love with Farkle. You love Farkle. Stop. It.

"Whatcha staring at?" He asked, smirking when he caught me looking at him for a little longer than a normal person would.

"Erh, what? Nothing. Anyway, I'm Riley Matthews," I smiled anyway, holding my hand out to shake his.

He reached out to shake mine, and introduced himself.

"I'm Charlie."

------------------------------------------------------

FARKLE
in the janitor's closet, in New York.

As soon as Riley had stormed out, I sat down on one of the buckets in the closet and buried my face in my rough hands.

I couldn't lose anyone else. Especially not Riley...

I smacked myself hard in the face, blaming myself for being so intrusive. I just wanted to know what her school life was about. If she was getting bullied, I wanted to help her. Why was she getting so annoyed about it?

I grumbled, as I picked up my backpack from the floor and carried it on my left shoulder, reaching my hand out to the doorknob to open the door. Math lessons, ugh.

Just as I was about to turn the knob, I heard voices. More specifically, Riley's. And another guy's.

I quietly turned the knob and peeked out through the little hole I'd created.

What? Why was Riley with some other guy? And smiling at him?

I heard Riley say, "I'm Riley Matthews."

And then, the guy replied, "I'm Charlie."

She then smiled shyly at Charlie.

At the sight, my heart shattered into a million pieces. I could finally call her mine, and this was supposed to be a great year. Why is she acting this way?

I closed it again, and then sat back down on the bucket, burying my face in my hands once again, letting my tears fall.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Yay for me, because I got through the day avoiding Riley. She cast me strange and confused looks whenever she saw me, but I quickly avoided eye contact and started talking to someone else.

And, well. She was hanging out with that same guy. She tried very hard to come talk to me, but I would walk away quickly before she could reach me.

And so quickly, the day was over. I started walking towards the school gate, scrolling through Instagram.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated. A notification had come in, and it was a text.