eighteen | THEIR MEET UP #1

[ 12.04pm ]
RILEY
2 minutes away from Topanga's, in New York

I looked up to watch the snow falling as I walked along the busy pavements of New York City.

"Ow!" I groaned silently. Yikes, shouldn't have done that. A snowflake had dropped right onto my eye. I rubbed my eyes as soon as I felt it.

I really wonder what they would turn out to be like in real life. Would they be the same as I expect them to, like in the group DM everyday?

------------------------------------------------------
ZAY
at Topanga's, in New York

Why were they taking such a long time??? Ugh. I look like such a dumbass loner waiting 'ere myself.

I glanced up at the clock on the vintage-looking walls of the bakery. 12.05pm. Was I that early? Why isn't anyone here yet?

Oh my god, did I get the location wrong?

Just as I looked up to check out the signboard at the front of the bakery, a brunette in winter wear walked in.

As soon as she saw me sitting on the chair, she squealed, "Zay?! Is that you? OMG, I can't believe we're finally meeting up!!!!"

"Riley! Wait, I got your face right, right? You're Riley, right?" I asked.

She just gleefully nodded.

"I'm so glad to see you too!! I don't know where the rest are though..."

Just then, a bespectacled teenager walked in. Probably Smackle. As expected, looking like a genius.

Riley immediately hopped up from the seat she had just taken, and ran towards the girl who had just walked in. "Smackle!! My precious genius is here!!!"

I scoffed. "Precious genius?"

They both turned to look at me, with an eyebrow raised.

"What? And how do you actually do that thing? You know, where you..."

Before I could even finish my sentence, I was so rudely interrupted by the blonde who walked in.

"OMG. RILEY, SMACKLE, ZAY????? I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!" She screamed as soon as she saw us.

"OH BUT IT IS, PEACHES!!!! IM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!!!" Riley screamed back at her.

"Whoa, whoa ladies. I know you're glad to finally meet the Zay, but calm your asses down! Anywa–"

Again, I was cut off by the second genius of the group, Farkle.

Wow. What a nice group of friends.

"FARKLE! OH IM SO GLAD YOURE HERE!!" All three girls rush up to hug him at the same time.

"Hey, what about me?" I put my hands on my chest and pretended to look hurt.

Shouldn't have done that.

All of them rushed towards me almost immediately – and yes, even Farkle – to hug me and we all just landed on the hugeass couch they had in the bakery.

"Haha! I'm just really glad we're all here together. Lucas couldn't be here, but I guess we could see him another time?" Farkle said as we struggled to get up.

"You're right! Hey, guys? Maybe we should move to another place instead of all crowding around the entrance?" Riley asked as she pointed towards another area of the place.

And so we rushed to get a seat within that quiet corner of the bakery so we could talk among ourselves.

"Ooh, Riley! Is that your mum?" Maya asked as she pointed towards the woman at the counter.

Riley nodded.

"Wow, she's really pretty. And she looks exactly like you." Farkle looked right into Riley's eyes.

"Woah, Farkle. Are you flirtin' with Riley??" I asked out of curiosity. "WAIT. Are you two secretly dating behind our backs?"

Riley's mouth widened as she protested, "NEVER! Don't spout nonsense!"

I turned to look at Farkle, who seemed to look upset over what Riley said....? What the hell was happening here??

Smackle then tried to change the topic to a... less awkward one. "So, what are your family lives like?"

And so we started off the beautiful afternoon by talking and getting to know more about each other.

------------------------------------------------------

author's note
I feel like this chapter wasn't written THAT well but don't worry bc there's more to come of their meet up!!! I'm not even sure yet, but I'll probably have like 2-3 or more chapters on it!! 😸🌿
ALSO ITS 11 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS
☃️🎅🏼🎄🎅🏼🎅🏼🎁🎭☃️☃️✨✨✨