ღ Chapter 26 ღ

Ten Months Later

June 16, 2017
Omniscient

  Jacob stared at his reflection, something he'd been doing for the past couple of minutes. He was in a state of shock. He was getting married to love of his life and he'd gotten the greatest news the night before. It was all so overwhelming, in a good way.

               Everything is finally coming together.

  Ray had moved out and got a place of his own not to far from his bestfriend. He models for local businesses, making good money for himself. He attends NA Meetings and has been clean ever since the incident.

  Jacob grabbed a tissue, wiping away his tears. He turned around once he heard the door open. He grinned seeing Jamie and Ray standing there. Jamie ran over to Jacob nearly tripping over his own feet.

  "You look amazing, J." Ray complimented him. "And I don't know who this fine specimen is- how you doin'?" Ray said to his reflection.

He turned to face Jacob, feeling like he was gonna lose his best friend. They've seen men come and go and had their fair share of fun but it was officially time to settle down.

"I know what you're thinking Ray, you won't lose me. You could never get rid of me." Jacob chuckled. "The fun is just beginning-"

"Knock, knock," Karen and Jaide peeked into the room. "You look great, honey." Karen hugged Jacob, her eyes welled up with tears. Jaide also hugged her son, taking in his features. Something was different yet she couldn't place her finger on it.

"Thanks Karen."

Karen took a deep breath, taking a hold of Jamie's hand. "It's showtime."

  "You look beautiful, you're glowing." Jaide pecked Jacob's cheek before leaving.

Jacob braced himself preparing to leave the room but Ray stopped him.

"What did you mean by that?"

Jacob smirked and exited the room, leaving Ray to wonder.

Chresanto on the other hand, was as ready as he could be. All he wanted was to be near his husband. Today would be the first time they've seen each other in days.

  "Chres," He turned toward the door, spotting Chaz and the rest if the guys. They were all dressed in tuxedos. "You ready for this?"

  "Ready to be the first one out of all of us to get married?" Mark asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

  "Donny was married before, right?" Sticks asked, glancing at Donny who was fixing his tie in the mirror.

  "Yeah, I've been married twice-"

            "You don't count, old man."

  "Watch it." Donny pointed his finger at Mark.

  "Yeah man, I been ready. I just wanna see him." The door opened once again and Joey stepped in.

  "The wedding is starting."

  Everyone prepared to leave and take their seats. Jacob and Chresanto decided not to have a wedding party. They felt it would be too chaotic and costly. So it was just the two of them.

  Chresanto took his spot at the alter, next to the pastor. Jacob began walking down the aisle. Their eyes met and they seemed to tear up simultaneously. Once Jacob reached the alter, they held hands.

  "We are gathered here today to witness the union of Chresanto and Jacob in holy matrimony..."

  Jacob stood up from his seat at the table, tapping a fork against his glass to get everyone's attention. The chatter in the room died down and soon everyone was watching him.

  "Hi," he said shyly "I know you're all wondering why I'm standing up here. Well, I have a surprise for everyone."

  A look of confusion flashed over everybody's face as whispers filled the room.

  "What is he doing?" Jai asked Karen, who just shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know."

             "Are they moving?"

                            "Is something wrong?"

  Ray stared at Jacob, still thinking about what he said earlier. Then it clicked. Ray remembered when Jacob told him about their first time together a few months back.

  "On each plate there is a fortune cookie. I want you all to read the fortune inside- But, don't read it outloud."

  "What's going on, baby?" Chresanto asked. Jacob kissed his husband as he watched Jamie run towards their table holding a black balloon.

  It grew quiet once again, anxious to see his reaction.

  "Happy birthday." Jamie smiled, giving Chres the balloon. Chresanto looked at the balloon then at Jacob.

              "Go ahead, pop it." Jacob grinned

  He did as told using a knife to pop the balloon causing it to make a loud noise and pink confetti flew everywhere. The guests clapped and cheered while Chresanto sat still, trying to process what just happened.

  "Are you-"

  "Yes," Jacob nodded "I am."

  "A girl? A baby girl, we're having a baby!" He stood up, pulling Jacob into a hug. After all this time, it was the first time he noticed Jacob's baby bump.

  "I love you so much, Mr. August." He sobbed.

  Jacob giggled, cupping Chresanto's face in his hands "I love you too, Mr. August."

  Out of the corner of Jacob's eye, he saw someone walk in

Out of the corner of Jacob's eye, he saw someone walk in. It was the same bartender he'd met last year, he stood there holding a gift and a smile.

"Thank you." Jacob mouthed

He tilted his hat and sent Jacob a thumbs up before leaving.

Some Ending, Huh?

I Just Wanna Say Thank You To All Of The Readers. I Had Fun Writing This & I Hope You All Enjoyed It.

For The Last Time,
Vote & Comment