ღ Chapter 16 ღ

July 21, 2016

Jacob Perez 

My baby is officially 3 years old, it feels like I was just holding him in my arms at the hospital. Soon, he'll be leaving me for college, getting married, or even having a kid of his own.

"You might wanna slow down on the spicy foods, J. We don't need my godson to come out of the womb breathing fire."

  "It's not my fault Ray and what if it's a girl? You've been calling the baby a boy since I got pregnant."

"Why did you want it to be a surprise anyway? That's too much work, now what if I bought a bunch of boy clothes only for it to be a girl."

"The baby's name is Jamie for the last time. It's a unisex name and I like it, so please stop calling Jamie, it." I laughed, rubbing my belly. "I can't believe you're having a baby. Hopefully Jamie doesn't grow up to be like Mike no good ass."

"Let's not talk about him. I don't think Jamie likes that name, as soon as you said that I felt a sharp pain in my side."

"Jamie isn't the only one, I can't stand his ass neither." I shook my head at him and bit into my last wing. I was 2 days past my due date and surprisingly doing well by not freaking out like I thought I would be if this had happened. I let out a burp, covering my mouth. I was slowly starting to feel the 12 hot wings I had just eaten taking over my digestive system, apparently my baby didn't agree with the large sprite I drank either.

  "Mhm-" "Hush, I know you warned me blah, blah, blah- shit." I sighed

  "Tell me you didn't just pee on yourself..." Ray said looking down. "When you're pregnant, you gotta go when you gotta go... But, I don't believe that that's pee."

"Wha- ou shit your water broke."

I shook my head after thinking back to the day I went in labor and didn't even know it. I checked my phone while walking into Chuck E. Cheese, hoping for a text or call of some sort from Ray but all I got was my current lockscreen photo of Jamie.

The last time I spoke to him was three days ago. He was telling me about the audition he went to and the house Eric bought for them.

  I feel like he's hiding something, just by the tone in his voice. I know Ray, I know him like the back of my hand and I know that he isn't really digging the idea of living in California but maybe he'll come around and it'll grow on him.

  I greeted the parents and couples as the brought their children to celebrate Jamie's birthday. "Baby," I turned around being greeted by a big box covered with wrapping paper that had differnt color balloons on it and a bright red bow on the top. "Where's Jamie?" Chres peeked out from the side of the large box.

  "He's with Jai, going potty." I chuckled, thinking about the little pee-pee dance he does when he has to go.

  "Good." He grinned and sat the box under the table, to hide it. "Chres, what is that?"

  "You'll see when he opens it." He pecked my cheek and studied my face. "What's wrong?"

  "Nothing." "You know that's not a good enough answer for me," he sat in a chair and pulled me down into his lap. "Now, what's really going on."