ღ Chapter 24 ღ

August 7,2016

Chresanto August

I stood in the doorway and watched as Jacob and Jaide hugged each other. It hadn't dawned on me that this was his mother. The one he'd always tell me stories about.

"I can't believe it's really you," Jacob cried "I've waited 19 years for this moment."

"Jacob can you- what's going on here?" Jai walked into the room, seeing her brother and Jaide hugging and crying.

"Jai, this is her." Jacob smiled at Jai and held his mother's hand in his left while he held his sister's hand in his left. Jai looked at the two of them weirdly before slowly removing her hand from Jacob's.

"If you're trying to say what I think you're saying-" "Jai, this is our mother. Our birth mother, she found us."

Jai backed away and ran out of the room. Jacob and Jaide followed suit and left the room. Jamie stared at me probably wondering the same thing. I walked over to the bed and got comfortable in the twin sized bed with him laying on my chest.

           "Night, night. No bed bugs, Chres."

I chuckled, "no bed bugs, boogie."

Jacob Perez

  Jai stood in the kitchen next to Karen who I could tell was very confused as to why Jai ran in here the way she did. Everyone had already left and it was just us. Joey walked inside the house coming in through the back door.

  "What's going on in here?" He asked looking at all of us.

  "Jai came running in here like a madwoman" Karen said before turning to Jai. "What's wrong, honey?"

  "This is our mother, Karen." I blurted out. Joey's mouth fell open while Karen still looked confused. "No, that's your mother J. Mine is right here." Jai crossed her arms.

"Aunt Janice said she was looking for a 7 year old and a 2 year old, that's how old we were when you guys adopted us."

"Look, I don't care what she wants or who she's looking for. I'm not 2 anymore, I don't need her in my life and you don't either Jacob. It took her what- 20 years to find us, if she really wanted us we would've never been here in the first place!" Jai banged her fist on the counter.

"You were just a baby, you don't understand-"

"No, don't give me that shit. From what Jacob told me, you were a freaking fugitive. You had two kids who were counting on you when you decided to just turn yourself in-"

  "I got tired of running" Jaide shouted over Jai. "You think I wanted to go to jail? You think I wanted to leave the two of you? The only reason I turned myself in is because I knew my husband would take care of you- well I thought he would but clearly that didn't work." Jaide sighed "I spent 15 years in jail, 3 years getting myself together and I thought we could be a family again..."

"You thought wrong. Our family is right here."

"Jai, calm down." Joey said sternly "No daddy, I won't-" "Yes, you will." I told her

"I stood here silently, but I won't let you continue disrespect her. She's already explained what happened and why she did what she did, you don't have to make her feel bad about it. Sure she wasn't there but-"

"You're damn right she wasn't here but you know who was? Them, if it weren't for them we probably would've still been in that fucking group home."

  "And I love them for that, but you know how I felt about our birth parents so don't act like I don't appreciate Karen and Joey for all that they've done. They're still family and they'll always be my son's grandparents but this is our mom, whether you like it or not."

I was very disappointed with Jai. She didn't have to act this way. I understand why she'd have some resentment because she felt abandoned but she could've been more respectful. If Karen and Joey didn't do anything else, they taught us to respect our elders.

"Jai, have you lost your mind?" Joey asked Jai with bass in his voice. I shook my head and went to get Jamie and Chresanto.

I didn't want to be around Jai or anybody at the moment. I just wanted to go home and cuddle with my man.

"Chres wake up." I shook him after removing Jamie from his arms and putting on his clothes. "You ready?" He sat up, rubbing his eyes.

We walked out seeing Jaide and Karen talking near the front door. "I'm so sorry about that."

"It's okay, it's gonna take some time..." Jaide sighed, getting emotional all over again. She quickly walked out the door without saying anything else. Karen started to go after her but I stopped her.

"I got it... Karen," I sighed letting Chres take Jamie to my car. "I hope you don't think I'm ungrateful-"

"No, of course not." She touched my face. "Joey and I completely understand, when you were younger and would call us by our names it hurt but as you got older, you would always talk about the things your real parents did we began to realize how much you loved them. You had more of a bond with them than Jai did which is okay, we still took care of you and loved you as our own."

"I just wanna say thank you for everything and you'll always be my second mommy." I hugged her and kissed her cheek before walking outside.

Jamie has two daddies, why can't I have two mommies.

Happy 2017!!
Y'all thought Karen & Joey would be
the salty ones huh
Be sure to check out my new stories, "Teens", "Muzik" & "From Projects to Princeton"
Vote & Comment