ღ Chapter 6 ღ

May 24, 2016

Chresanto August
  "What's up, guys." I said as I approached my friends, who were waiting on me. We were meeting up at a local basketball court like we do every other Saturday, just to catch up and be men.

  "Oh, now you wanna show up. Nigga, took you forever. We was gon start the game without you and make you sit on the bench until 2nd quarter." Mark said, dapping me up. "Yeah, yeah you would like that, maybe you'd actually make a basket." I joked, sitting my duffle bag down.

  "Don't even say nothing back G, y'all do this all the time." Chaz said slapping Mark's back. Let's just say Mark, isn't the best at basketball but he seems to be the one that likes to talk the most shit. He's the youngest out of all of us, being 22. "Shut yo ass up, before I call Nadeen up here to beat yo ass." Mark said back.

  "Nadeen ain't gon do a damn thing, ight. I wore that ass out last night. She ain't gon do shit but take care of my kids."

  "Oh please, wait till you get home. Nadeen gon have a flashback and be waiting on your ass with a broom like Taraji did Hakeem ass. You. Thought. I. Forgot? Huh, huh?! Cameron take your ass back in the room. Celine and Bay get off my couch with that juice. Nigga, I aint forget about that ragedy trick you had calling your phone." Mark said, with his shirt tied on his head and his voice a few notches higher, swinging his arm imitating Nadeen. Chaz's babymama/on and off girlfriend Nadeen has 3 of his kids, she's almost 6 months pregnant with the 4th one and she's crazy. Well, that's what everybody else thinks, I personally don't think she's crazy at all. She's actually sane, all the shit Chaz put her through I would be acting way worse if I was in her shoes. Chaz deserves all the crazy Nadeen puts on him after all the foolishness he does. He's 26 years old and still acting like he's Mark's age.

  "Aye, y'all remember she came up and dragged his ass outta here last time? Dumb ass left his phone at home. Had her homegirls with her and all." Sticks said laughing, while shooting 3s. Sticks, formally known as Jerrell got his nickname in highschool. He was the tallest and had the skinniest legs out our whole senior class. Voted 'Most Likely To Be A Basketball Player.'

  "Donny, what you got to say about this? I know you done went through something like this as old as you are."

  Donny looked up from his phone before quickly putting Mark headlock. "I might be 15 years older than you boy, but you can still catch this fade, ya feel me?" He said in his southern accent. Donny is originally from Savannah, Georgia he came here looking for a better job and he's a musician, plays the saxophone and piano. He was the oldest out of all of us.

  "Ight man, chill before you pop ya elbow outta place big pa." Mark said slapping Donny's chest as Donny let him go. "Watch it yungin." I shook my head at their bickering and continued to text Jacob. We'd been out on about four dates since that Friday night at his place and we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do.

Jacob ❤️ (12:27PM) - Lol, it really doesn't matter. We could ride around all day and I wouldn't care. We don't always have to do something over the top.

Me (12:27PM) - You're worth me going over the top

Jacob ❤️ (12:27PM) - stop sweet talkin me 😭 aren't you supposed to be playing bball wit your friends?

Me (12:28PM) - They can wait. I'm tryna have a serious conversation with you rn

Jacob ❤️ (12:28PM) - We can talk later. Go play!