ღ Chapter 3 ღ

One Week Later

May 16, 2016

Chresanto August

  "I'm glad you agreed to take a walk with me." I said to Jacob as we walked down a sidewalk. It was almost 10 in the morning and the two of us had been up all night just chatting.

  "It's hard not to say yes to someone who doesn't take no for an answer and besides I wasn't doing anything."

  "I really enjoy your company, Jacob." He smiled at me "The feeling is mutual."

  "Hey, wanna hear a joke?" He said "Sure."

  "Okay, so what did the ocean say to the sand?" He held in his giggles with his mouth covered.

  "Umm, hello from the other side?" I guessed, not knowing where this was going. "Nothing," he exclaimed "it just kept on waving." He said laughing.

  "Good one, okay I got a riddle for you." He looked at me waiting on me. "Mary's dad has 5 daughters – Nene, Nana, Nunu, and Nini. What is the fifth daughters name?"

He thought about it, "There's Nana, Nene, Nini, and Nunu so... Is it Nono?" He asked "No, no." I shook my head.

"What? There is no other 'N' names..." He said

"The fifth daughter is Mary." "No fair that was a trick question, give me another. I bet you a McGriddle I'll get it right." He said as we approached a Mcdonald's.

"Okay, I'm tall when I'm young, yet short when I'm old. What am I?" I questioned knowing he wasn't going to get it right. "A candle, duh."

"Shit, you must've heard that one before." I said as we walked into the parking lot. "No, I just gave myself an ultimatum. Either a candle or an old lady. Candle sounds more legit." He smiled. I like seeing him smile. He had perfect, straight white teeth that could brighten up anyone's day.

  "Welcome to Mcdonald's." We greeted the guy at the register as he scanned the menu for a McGriddle.

  "Order whatever you want." I whispered in his ear. He looked at me shocked. "I was just kidding about th-"

  "It's fine, get anything you want. I'm not gonna let you pay for this, I invited you out. If you try I'll scream bloody murder and say you kidnapped me." He laughed loudly "... Kidnapped you, and brought you to McDonald's?"

"It sounded better in my head." "Yeah, uh-huh."

Jacob Perez

"So, do you have any siblings?" I asked him as we sat in a booth, eating. "Nah, my mother couldn't conceive after she had me. Actually, she was told she couldn't have kids at all. I guess I was like some kind of miracle."

  "I wished my mother stopped after me, don't get me wrong I love my sister to death. It was just hard growing up gay, and having a sister that looked up to you wasn't really a good influence."

  "Why come?" He knitted his brows together. "Because, Jai is a fiesty little thing and she used to get into altercations like that." I snapped. "Then, if she got into with some guys, I would have to step in because that's what a big brother is supposed to do. I'm not much of a fighter, so we got our asses kicked some of the time. Win or lose, we never gave up and went out with a bang." I chuckled remembering all the fights Jai got me into.