ღ Chapter 19 ღ

July 26, 2016

Jacob Perez

  "What about this?" I held up a shirt with jeans in front of Ray and Jai. "The shirt, yes but not the pants. They make your ass poke out way too much. They'll think you're a slut." Jai pointed at my butt.

  "Okay so, yes to the shirt... And maybe with these? Yeah?" I held up a pair of black jeans. I secretly didn't want to go. What if they don't like me or my hair. Chresanto told me they could be a little judgmental so I wanted to look presentable. Give a good first impression.

  "That's the one. Now what shoes?"

  "Shit." I groaned running my hand down my face and turning on my heel going back into my closet to look for the right shoes.

  "How do I look?" I asked for the millionth time. Chresanto chuckled squeezing my hand for assurance.

  "You look fine-" "Fine? Fine is bad, fine is really bad. Does my butt look too big? Does my hair look wild?" I rambled looking at my reflection in the silver doorknob.

  "Your butt looks great and so does your hair. Stop being so nervous, everything will be okay. They're gonna adore you, we have nothing to worry about." "What if your mother thinks I don't feed you-"

  "What?" Chresanto laughed "feed me?"

  "Yes! You know how mothers are, they notice every little thing, your face is slimming down and you-"

  "Chucky!" The door flew open and a woman wrapped her arms around Chresanto, almost pushing me out of the way. She was about my height and had a small waist. She was lighter than Chresanto and had straight jet black hair that stopped at her shoulders. She was very pretty. "Hi, ma." I found the nickname adorable and made a note in my head to tease him about it later.

  "Oh, hello." His mother looked at me as if I wasn't there when she opened the door less than 5 seconds ago. So she's one of those types.

  "I'm Jacob, it's a pleasure to finally meet you Mrs. August. I've heard so much about you." I smiled, reaching my hand out for her to shake, being polite. "I wish I could say the same." She smiled fakely and turned around Taking Chresanto's hand, leading him into the house. I took a deep breath before following behind them, making sure I left my footprint on the door when I kicked it closed. Chresanto quickly let go of his mother's hand and they stopped walking.

  "Would you like for us to leave?"

  "Wha-" Chresanto put his hand up. "If you are gonna continue act like a child, we will leave."

  "Chucky I'm not doing anything." She lied. He could see that she was being phony and she knew it. It was silent between them before she finally gave in. "Fine. Follow me, your father is in the dining hall."

  Chresanto rolled his eyes and we joined hands walking through the many rooms before reaching the dining room. Where a man who had dark gray curly hair and caramel skin. He was slightly muscular but nothing like Chresanto.

  "Charles." Chresanto shook his hand and gave him a quick hug. "Son, you must be Jacob. Have a seat, Samuel will be right out with the dinner."

  Before I sat down Chresanto pulled me towards the kitchen. "Baby, meet the man that taught me the basics of cooking." The man turned around with a smile and hugged Chresanto. This is the first time since we've been here that he smiled a genuine smile. It made me happy but it also gave me a glimpse of what it was like for him growing up.

  Samuel was like the dad Chresanto never really had. "Sam this is Jacob, Jacob meet Sam."

"So you're the one he's always cooking for. Just so you know, most of the time its my recipes." Samuel smirked with his arms crossed. I lifted a brow and looked at him.

  "The level of deceit is unbearable." I playfully hit him. He pulled me into a hug. "Don't listen to him."

  "Chucky, come here." Chresanto sighed. "This is gonna be a long night."

  "You'll be fine once the drinks are served." Samuel wiggled his eyebrows basically telling us he'd slip in some alcohol. "Chucky." His mother whined.

  We went back to the dining room and took a seat at the table. Mrs. August sat on the opposite end of the table from across from her husband while me and Chresanto sat next to each other. Across from us there were two empty seats. I guess Mrs. August noticed me looking at he seats.

  "Oh we have two more guests coming. They should be here soon but while we wait let's have a drink." She gave me a small smile. As soon as Samuel brought out the glasses of champagne I took mine to the head without a care.

  "So, Jacob would you mind telling me how the two of you met?" Chresanto's father asked me.

  "We met at a speed dating event." I smiled at Chresanto and he put his arm around me.

  "Speed dating... Desperate much?" I ignored her and continued to tell my story to Mr. August who was actually interested in getting to know me. "None of the men sparked my interest. They were terrible and then, just as I was about to give up hope your son swoops in and saves the day. I like to think of it as something out of a comic book. Somebody–preferably my sister, who was actually hosting the thing–shines the bat signal and Batman over here comes to save me, a damsel in distress." I grinned pinching Chresanto's cheeks.

  "That's sweet. Have your parents met him?" Samuel walked in with trays of salad or soup. He asked which one we wanted and sat them down in front of us. Mr. August slurped on his soup while his wife watched us like a hawk.

  "They have, they love him. Sometimes I think more than they love me." I joked. "We would like to meet them one day. Wouldn't we Rox?"

  "Sure, pudding cup." She looked at her watch.

  "What is it that you do Jacob?"

           "I'm a real estate agent."

  "Really?" "Yeah, I actually just bought myself a house not too long ago." I smiled.

  "You bought a house? What were you living in before?" Mrs. August asked as she sipped on her champagne. "A condo but there wasn't enough room anymore. We were in desperate need of a bigger space." I didn't want to tell her the real reason why I moved, then she'd think I was some kind of ghetto hoodrat who couldn't keep the noise down and got kicked out on my ass.

  "And just who is we? I know you and my Chucky aren't living together... Are you?" She looked at Chresanto.

  "No we don't live together-" "Good." She rudely interrupted Chresanto.

  I silently took in a deep breath before speaking "Me and my baby."

  She damn near spit. I'd feel a little better if she'd choked on the champagne instead. She wiped the corner of her mouth and stared at me with wide eyes. "You have a child?"

"Yes I do, a son, he just turned 3 years old a few days ago."

"So, are you just using my son to pick up the pieces and be a father to your son while you-"

"Roxanne." Mr. August said stopping her. "Jacob don't mind my wife." He scowled at her.

I tucked my lips and nodded slowly before chugging the lasts of my second glass of champagne. "Chres, she has one more time. One." "We're leaving." Chresanto said standing up and bringing me up with him. His parents followed us to te door, Mr. August was practically begging for us to stay and have dinner. I knew he was being sincere but that wife of his was skating on thin ice and was 0.2 seconds away from getting cursed out.

"This is why I don't fucking come around. She's always doing shit like this and then wants to act all innocent when she gets checked-"

"Long time no see, loverboy."

To Be Continued...

Some jaw dropping shit is about to happen y'all
Vote & Comment