ღ Chapter 22 ღ

August 1, 2016
Jacob Perez

"So you're the famous Jacob, nice to meet you I'm Chaz and this is my girl Nadeen." Chresanto's best friend introduced himself and his girlfriend to me. She was very pretty and looked like she was ready to pop. Her belly was the size of a watermelon.

"Glad to finally meet all of you- if you don't mind me asking, how far along are you?" I asked Nadeen. "I'm 38 weeks, she was supposed to come days ago but I guess the little bun wants to bake a little longer." She chuckled softly while rubbing her baby.

"38 weeks? Jeez, how do you do it."

"I don't even know, maybe it's because I'm so used to it. All of my children were born at least 6 days after their original due dates so maybe this one is gonna do the same thing. I know one thing though, I'm ready to get my body back."

  "I know that's right, when I was pregnant with Jamie he had me looking like Violet from Willy Wonka. I was huge and my eating habits didn't make it any better, I had gained almost 60 pounds." Her eyes widened. "So just ignore the fact that we're standing right here." Chaz budded in.

"Shut up and go get me some ribs and make sure you put the barbecue sauce on the side, it gives me heartburn." Nadeen pushed him towards the grill. When he walked away the both of us stared at Chresanto, waiting for him to leave.

"You want me to leave too?"

"Um, yeah." We said in sync. He nodded his head backing away slowly. "Fine, I'll go but later on tonight when your feet hurt I won't rub them because you made me leave." He said to me.

"Yeah, right." I fanned him off.

Chresanto August

  "He seems really genuine and you look really happy." Sticks gave me a pat on the back. "Yeah, you did good with this one kid." Donny handed me a pan full of ribs to sit on the table.

  "Uh-uh bring them back over here," Chaz said stopping me in my tracks. "Nadeen is gonna want the whole pan."

  "So, what about the rest of us? We gotta eat too, nigga. Her ass can get 2 and when everybody else get some then she can have seconds." Mark pulled me towards him and put some on his plate.

  "Y'all ain't about to keep tugging on me like I'm some kinda rope. If you want ribs, get them when I put them down." I shoved Mark's hand away.

  "If I can't get the whole pan, she can't get the whole pan." Mark crossed his arms like a 4 year old. "She's pregnant dumb ass-"

        "I don't care." He stared straight ahead

  "I swear you're worse than Nori." Chaz said referring to his youngest daughter, pushing past Mark and fixing Nadeen a plate.

"You're worse than Nori- Shut yo ass up." Mark mumbled jumping at Chaz and fighting the air. "I think it's time for his nap." Donny laughed. "Man, y'all gon' stop treating me like I'm a child. I'm a grown ass man."

"A grown ass man, that still lives with his mama." Sticks gulped down some of his soda. "Grown ass man that still drinks his drinks with a silly straw."

"Grown ass man-" I started

"Okay, damn!"

We laughed at him and proceeded to fix plates for ourselves. As I reached for the potato salad, glass was shattered and there was silence before somebody said "Ooohh." and all of Chaz's kids started bickering back and forth. I looked to my left seeing Jamie sitting with Jacob and Nadeen. I sighed, relieved that he was out here and not inside where he coulybe blamed for something he didn't do.

"Aw hell." Chaz shook his head before going inside and Nadeen slowly waddled after him with her hand on her lower back. Those kids were in for it.

"Your friend are nice, Nadeen reminds me of Ray and- oh that little girl Nia," Jacob removed the ponytail holder from his hair allowing his curls to fall into his face "She's so sweet."

  I followed him into the bathroom, hugging him from behind. "You're amazing, you know that."

"Aw, babe." He smiled and turned to face me wrapping his arms around my neck. He sat on the sink and used his legs to pull me closer.

"I love you." He said before pecking my lips. "I love you more."

  "I know you do." He smirked "We've only been seeing each other for about 3 months, but it feels like 3 years... Y'know, it's been a long time since somebody besides my baby told me they loved me and meant it" He started.

  "I don't know how many times I can say this before you get tired of hearing it but I'm so thankful to have you in my life. I mean, who knows what I would be doing or where I would be without you. Probably laying around my condo unconscious while Michael had his way with me." He mumbled the last part to himself. He then got this look in his eyes, almost like he was having a flashback.

  I've grown to hate Michael with a passion. He's done some damage to Jacob that can't be undone. Sometimes Jacob has nightmares about what he went through and he's 25 years old. You would think, he'd be over it by now since it's been so long, but things like that can't be erased from the mind within a few years. You can do things to someone in 10 minutes but it take 10 years for that person to finally be able to live happily.

  It could take Jacob an entire lifetime and I'll still be here for him, every step of the way. That's how much I love him.

  "I'm glad I could be your knight in shining armor." I said trying to lighten the mood. He chuckled "And I'm glad, as weird as it sounds, that I was a damsel in distress–catch me..." He slid off the counter and threw himself into my arms.

  Jacob gasped, "Some knight you are, you almost dropped me." "You're gaining weight, you pig." I joked while carrying him to his room, throwing him on the bed. He laughed obnoxiously and rolled over on his side.

  "This is healthy relationship weight." He slapped his thigh.

  "Im feeding you too much." I climbed in bed, cuddling up behind him. "The way to a mans heart is through his stomach, I fell in love with those hot wings your waiters were serving the night we met." He laughed.

  "Here I am, thinking you loved me for me. I feel so used and abused."

  He turned to face me, wrapping his arms around my neck and turning me over on my back while he sat on top of me. "I'm just kidding, it wasn't the wings... It was the liquor."

  "Don't act like you didn't nearly drool when I approached you." "Speaking of liquor, I need to thank that bartender." He mumbled into my neck, completely ignoring.

"The bartender?"

"He put a spell on me and now you're mine."

Though I was very confused, I just laughed it off wondering if I should be thanking the bartender too...

Hi, How Are Ya? 😂
It's Been Almost 2 Months Since I Last Updated, Don't Kill Me.

Vote & Comment