ღ Chapter 5 ღ

May 23, 2016

Chresanto August.

I spent the last two days thinking about Jacob. I wasn't really interested in getting into his pants, I wanted to make my way to his heart. It seems cliché but it's the truth. The moment I laid eyes on him, I began to wonder: what can I do to make him smile and keep him smiling. It's no secret that he's been through a lot in the past. Having a kid, not having his biological parents around and having to look out for his sister was a great deal of shit to handle.

          I admire his strength.

  I don't want to be someone who comes into his life then leaves unexpectedly, I just want to be the person he needs. Breaking me away from my thoughts, my phone rang with an incoming call from Jacob. "Hello?"

I cleared my throat before greeting him, undoing my tie and unbuttoning my white shirt. "How was work?" He asked. "Work was okay. It was no Disneyland, I'll tell you that." I chuckled "What about you, how was your day?"

"I sold four houses today, so I guess it was good." "Mama!" I heard his son shout. "Hi, boogie." He replied making me smile. The bond he and his son share, it's priceless.

"He missed you, huh?"

"Yeah, he's alway napping by the time I get home- get out the refrigerator boogie. Oh my goodness this is so cute, I can't believe he climbed into the refrigerator. But anyway, I was calling to see if you would like to come over later on since it is Friday... I'm kind of in the mood for throwback Tyler Perry plays. We could order takeout or something." He suggested. "Okay, what time?"

"8 sharp if you're not here by then, I'm ordering your food and eating it without you." He joked

           "I'll be there at 7:45."

Jacob Perez
"My nephew loves me, right boogie."

"No, Gammy." He said placing his pacifier into his mouth. I have to hide that thing, fast.

"Wanna go to Gammy's house? If you say you love me, I'll take you." Jai told him "I wuh woo." He said before running away.

"He makes my heart melt every time he says that." She touched her chest before going to get his bag. "Mama." He gave me a carton of Minute Maid, the top was missing. Turning my head towards the kitchen entrance, I saw a trail of juice that lead to Jamie.

  "Jamie Antoine, did you waste the juice?" He nodded "Are you gonna help mama clean it up?" He nodded again. "Clean up, clean up, na na na na. Clean up." He sung and swayed to the tune. It's a good thing we didn't have carpet in here and only in the bedrooms because if we did, there would be all different kinds of stains. I stood up and got some paper towels to wipe up the mess and gave some to Jamie, letting him wipe up his mess.

  "Hold this little boy, don't spray it." "No spray." He repeated, holding the fabuluso. I got an old tattered towel and gave it to him, taking the spray away from him. I sprayed it on the floor, taking in the lavender scent. "Put the towel on the floor." He dropped the towel on the floor and laid down on it, knowing what I was about to do. I grabbed one end of the towel and carefully dragged it across the floor, Jamie's giggles filled the air. We began to play and run around the condo until Jai was ready to leave.