ღ Chapter 2 ღ

May 10, 2016

Jacob Perez

  "Oh Ray you just don't understand, he's been on my mind nonstop for almost two weeks. I don't even know him that well..." I said to my friend as I got a pedicure and he was getting a massage.

  "I think you're just excited because for the first time in years you got some kind of play."

  "Fuck you, you DILF." I pulled on his braid as he laughed. He's such a pain but I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's been there for me and vise versa, for 10 years going on 11.  He's my son's godfather.

  "Hey, at least I get some on the regular. You on the other hand... I don't want to go into details but let's just say, you're very loud in that room all by yourself." He whispered with a grin. "You aren't to quiet either mister. I can hear you and your buddies having orgy's you whore."

  "Bitch." We laughed "After this I gotta get some books I rented back to the library, if I don't they'll hunt me down." I said as the lady finished painting my toes.

  "We also need to get your ass back into the kitchen, you're losing weight like a freaking cancer patient." He pulled at my baggy jeans, that once fit me like a glove. "I've never seen your pants this loose before Jacob."

  "I happen to be content with my weight the way it is thank you very much." I glanced at him, his massage was done and he was sitting indian style.

  "You're a bad liar, I bet you could hula-hoop through a cheerio." He snickered. "Fuck you." I said

  "If you're a good camper, maybe your little fantasy man will do the job and do it well." I threw a towel at him.

"Welcome to Miami Public Library, how may assist you." The librarian said as I walked into the library going to the front desk.

"I'm here to return these books and rent out some more." I placed 4 books on the counter, giving them to her to ring up. "Okay, feel free to look around." She said, taking the books to the back. Going down the fiction aisle. I am a big fan of James Patterson books and have read most of them, some more than others. Picking up Maximum Ride: The Angel Experience. It was my favorite from the Maximum Ride series, I'd read it a total of 6 times and every time I read it, I find something new that I didn't see the last time I read it. Grabbing Private: #1 Suspect I inspected the cover and read the back for details. Walking backwards trying to find a more recent book of his, 14th Deadly Sin, I bumped into someone, dropping my books, I felt something wet splash on my arm. I quickly turned around.

"I'm so sorry, oh my god... That's hot, it's really really hot." I began to panic, not only because this coffee was burning on my arm but it was all over the persons Timberlands and the cuffs of his jeans.

"No, it's my fault I shouldn't be drinking over here anyway." The person handed me some paper towels.

"I can get your shoes cleaned, I have a cousin who-" "It's fine, really... I'm Chresanto, I wasn't watching where I was going." He stuck his hand out. My gaze quickly went to his face. It's him... Oh my, it's the guy...

"I remember you..."

"Oh yeah, I remember you too. Jacob right?" I nodded, jumping for joy on the inside because he remembered my name. "Yeah, Jacob... Yep, that's my name." I smiled nervously running my fingers through my curls.

  He chuckled and picked up my books for me. I realized he had the book I was looking for in his hand. "I see you like James Patterson." He said.

  "He's one of my favorite writers... Where'd you find that book?"

  "It was the last one, which shocked the hell out of me. I went to three different places looking for this and they were all out of these. But I've already read it twice so you can have it." He gave it to me. Slowly taking the book away from him, our fingers brushed against each other making me blush and quickly take the book. "... Thanks, Chresanto." I went back to looking for more books and I came arcoss this Amber Rose book, How To Be A Bad Bitch letting my curiosity get the best of me I added it to the pile of books I held in my arms.

  "Let me help you." He followed me, taking my books. "Thanks." I mumbled.

  Before I knew it I had six books and I was ready to checkout. "You sure do read a lot. You think you're gonna read all of these in 2 weeks?"

  "I'll have them all back in five days." I said, cockily. "Oh really?" I nodded as we walked to the counter.

  "You work pretty fast, huh?" "Yes, I'm a fast reader and I've read a few of these before so it won't take me long." I checked out the books and we walked outside to Ray's car, where he was bumping to twerk music and twerking in the drivers seat. "Excuse my friend." I said

  He sat the books in backseat and closed the door.

  "So, um... Can I- can we um-" "Yes." He blurted out.

  "I mean, sure we can exchange numbers." He sheepishly put his hands in his pockets, knowing what I was trying to say.

  "Yeah... Yeah, that'd be great." We gave each other our phones and saved the numbers. "Well, see you around." I said getting into the passenger seat, Ray revved the engine and before he could pull off my phone buzzed.

Jacob (1:23PM) - I think you have the wrong phone...

  "Shit Ray, don't leave yet." I opened the door and quickly met Chresanto half way to return his phone.

  "Bye." He smiled and waved walking backwards.

  "Bye..."

#OverNightBag 😍 It's Such A Great Song!
Vote & Comment