Promise..Me (Part 3)

A/N: I left yall on a cliffhanger, Also should I make and like a twitter account or something to keep yall updated with these stories. I'm starting to think I'll update them more often. Idk comment or Message me If I should.))
~
~~
~~~
~~~~

My heart dropped as Spencer spoke... "Sure." I looked up at him, He walked over to his bed and rubbed his palms together.. "I've wanted to ask you for awhile, I just didn't know how." He let out a nervous laugh, "I'm sure it'll sound fine." I smiled at him, He took in a breath before letting it out... "Will you go on a date with me?", my eyes widened.. I've never really been asked out, I froze, only to realize Spencer started to get nervous again. "I'm sorry I shou-.", "No Spencer, I'd love too.", "Really?" He smiled, I nodded at him smiling back.
~

Its been a few days, since Spencer asked me out, we planned it for this weekend. And he basically wont tell me what he has planned. So I don't know if I should dress up or down... I sat down at the picnic tables as I pulled out my phone to call Derek, I wanted to update him a bit on whats been going on.
..
"So a date?" Derek Spoke, "Yeah." I smiled through the phone, "Tell me about him.", "Well he's sweet and really smart.", "Well obviously he's smart he asked you out." Derek chuckled, "Oh shush.", "Whats his name?", "Spencer."... "Wait is this the Spencer you've been hanging out with?", "Yeah why?", "Kay is dating your only friend a good idea?", "Is it not, Derek I've never been on a date. May I remind you I graduated at 14 I didn't really get a high school experience." "You're right, but if he hurts you--.", "Yes Derek I know you'll give him a beat down." I laughed. "Damn straight, Anyways kay I gotta go.", "Alright Derek."

~

The weekend had arrived, I rummaged through all my clothes. I had no idea what I would wear, I sighed sitting down on my bed. It was calling for rain tonight so dresses were out of the picture...
..
...

I finally got dressed I was adding a little makeup, just to cover up the fact I haven't gotten that great of sleep the past few weeks.
I took one last look in the mirror before I heard Spencer knock on the door-- I got up and quickly walking over, opening the door, there stood Spencer.. He looked spectacular.. "Wow." I smiled, "Wow you." He smiled back.

We had arrived where we were going it was a lake, "Are we swimming?", "Oh no." He chuckled, as we got out of the car he walked to the trunk and grabbed a picnic basket. "Shall we?" He put as his hand, "We shall." I grabbed it as we started to walk, "You know it plans on raining right?" I looked over at him, "That's alright." He joked, "I hope you like soggy bread.", "I hope you do too." He laughed, causing me to laugh as well.
...
...

...
An hour or so had passed the date was going so well until Derek decided to text me. I looked at my phone-- I sighed. "Something wrong?", "Oh no it's just my brother.", "Your brother?", I forgot I was never really open to Spencer, I hardly told him about my family. "Uh yeah his name is Derek.", "Kaden, You hardly tell me about your family.", "That's probably cause when I do I feel like an outcast..", "Meaning?" Spencer looked at me confused, I sighed setting down my plate of food, "Well, I'm the youngest. But i'm also adopted." I began to fiddle with my hands, "I'm sorry.", "Don't be, I love my family. I mean I lost my father when I was super young. So really Derek was my only male figure in my life. And growing up we had our differences." I took in a breath, "But there's just a lot of missing pieces." I looked down at my hands, just than it started to rain... "Oh gosh." I laughed, "Come on!." Spencer helped me up as we left everything and ran to the car-- getting in and turning on the heat we were completely soaked... I couldn't help but still laugh. "Way to ruin the date.", "The rain didn't ruin it." Spencer smiled at me, "It didn't?", "I'm still with you Kaden.", I looked at Spencer only for him to close the space between us.

~weeks later~
Christmas break had finally arrived. I was packing a few things seeing I was going to stay with Derek.. Spencer was going to Vegas, he said he had things to take care of. I put a few extra shirts in my suitcase---I walked over to my desk looking at the picture of Spencer and I... "Hey Kaden the cabs are about to leave." My roommate spoke, "Thanks." I sighed as I quickly grabbed the picture and my suitcase.
...

...

"Kay!.",  I walked out of the terminal, Derek was there waiting for me. I smiled dropping my carry on and ran up to him. "Derek I missed you.", "Look at you, you look amazing girl.", "Thanks, and so do you, the academy is doing you well." I joked, "oh shush." He laughed.
~
"So how's school going?", "Oh its going alright.", "And Spencer?", "Oh heh..", "Kaden?", "We're sort of dating I guess.", "You guess.?", "Well when we had our first date, he kissed me and after that--.", "Kaden you didn't have sex right?", "Derek!." I playfully smacked him, "I'm just asking gosh.", "No we didn't and if we did thats my business.", 'I'm your brother, You have to tell me these things.", "Kind of don't." I scrunched up my nose walking away from him.

...

As we arrived to Derek's apartment, I sat my bags down by the door. "Did mom decorate your place?" I chuckled, "Very funny.",  I walked around the living room, I came by the end table in there... picking up a picture it was of Derek, my dad and I... "Kay?", "Yeah?", "You can have it if you want it.", I smiled at the picture pulling it closer to me.. "Thanks."...

A/N: ending this part here. its short and kind of slopping Ik. Next part will be the last part of this chapter and then we get into the good stuff :DD