Chapter Thirty Two

When I woke up the next morning, I knew it was going to be a long day. I got out of bed and put some jeans on. I slipped a T-shirt on and brushed my hair. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, put deodorant on, the usual things. I grabbed my bag and phone and went downstairs. Mom sat at the table, eating toast and reading a book. Dad had already gone to work.
"Hey, mom." I said. She looked up at me.
"Morning." She replied. I sat down in front of her and got a piece of toast from the plate in front of her. I heard the door open and Zeke walked in. He was wearing jeans and a black polo. He held his hand out to me. I took it and followed Zeke to the door.
"Bye, mom." I called out.
"Bye, Mrs. James!" Zeke called after me.
"Bye, kids!" Mom said back. I munched on my toast as we walked to Zeke's car. He grabbed my other wrist and pulled it away from my mouth. I finished chewing my food and looked at him.
"Hey! I was eating that!" I exclaimed. Zeke crushed his lips to mine. I kissed him back and pulled away.
"Zeke. We can't stay out here making out." I muttered. He hummed and kissed me again.
"You're right." He said. He pulled away and drove me to school.

When we got there, we got out and he had me pinned against the car. He was kissing me with such... violence. Like, he didn't want the kiss. He needed it. I put my hands on his chest and pushed slightly.
"Zeke... what's wrong?" I asked. He layed his head on my shoulder and slumped against me.
"Dad called me last night." He murmured. I closed my eyes and looped my arms around his waist.
"Zeke." I said. He had his hands on the door of the car so his arms were caging me.
"He told me... he said I should feel proud. I should feel great for turning my back on my dad." Zeke said. He sounded miserable.
"Oh, my god." I said. He pulled away.
"I'm sorry. I thought if... I thought if I kissed you, it would take away the sting." He rubbed his face. He looked suddenly tired. Danny walked over.
"Ah, Rachel! Nice to see you!" He exclaimed. I smiled.
"Hi, Danny." I waved. Danny clapped a hand on Zeke's shoulder.
"It'll be ok, man. I promise." He told Zeke. David ran over and hugged me.
"Hi, Rachel." His British accent made me feel happy.
"Hi, David." I replied. He reminded me of a little boy. He brushed his hair out of his eyes.
"So... you two good, now?" David asked. I looked at Zeke. He grinned sadly and laced our hands. His dad was still hurting him.
"Yeah. We're good now." I said.
"Oh, thank the bloody heavens! I'm not sure I could handle Rebecca anymore!" David commented.
"Dude, you dated her. Remember?" Tyler walked up. David smiled.
"Yeah. But only for..." David trailed off. There was a sparkle in his eyes as he waggled his eyebrows.
"David! God! I don't want to know that, man!" Tyler shook his head. I snorted and leaned into Zeke's side. He turned his head into my hair. Scott walked over with a girl beside him. The girl was a short blonde. Her hair was crazy long and she was wearing a pair of boot cut jeans and a soft looking purple sweater. When they approached, I analyzed the girl. Her eyes were the typical blue. She had little to no makeup on. Just mascara. A little lip gloss, maybe. She was about an inch taller than me. She had a narrow face. Her body was like a poorly carved hourglass. Her curves were there... just small. I think I liked her.
"Hey, guys. Hey, Badass. This is May. May, these people are my family." He introduced us. I held my hand out. She took it and shook it.
"My God, you're beautiful. I bet you're like, the queen of these guys." She gushed. I shrugged.
"I don't know." I replied. Her eyes landed on Zeke. Then, they widened.
"Is this your boyfriend?" She asked me. I nodded.
"Yeah. This is Zeke." I squeezed his hand. He looked at her. He looked up and down her body, sizing her up. Which was weird. Finally, he plastered on his megawatt smile.
"Hey. I'm Zeke." He shook her hand.
"Hi. I'm May." She replied. She didn't throw herself at him. I liked that.
"So, you two are the couple of this school, huh?" May asked. I exchanged a look with Scott. I dragged my eyes back to this mysterious girl.
"Uh, I guess?" I asked. Danny spoke up.
"Yeah. They are. Before they started dating, Rachel had two friends. Well, I will explain further into how these two got together later." He said. I rolled my eyes.
"Danny. I'm not a child." I said. He looked at me, asking  permission to say it. I nodded.
"Fine. Her best friend, Ashley, moved. With her dad. Her other best friend didn't know how to handle it. He started sleeping around with Cheyenne. That caused Rachel and him to fight. Fairly often. Then, he couldn't take it. He went to Rachel's house. They were going through a fight then. He set up a recorder and video taped him killing himself in her doorway. Well, Zeke saw how much pain she was in and took her under his wing, I guess. Then, they got together. They recently broke up, but patched that up and got back together." Danny explained. May had her hands over her mouth in shock.
"Oh, my god. In front of you?" She asked. I nodded and shifted my weight. Scott put his hands on May's shoulders.
"We should get going. The bell just rang. We will explain everything at lunch." Scott promised her. She nodded and waved at us. Zeke, Tyler, Danny, David and I walked to the school. Tyler and David walked behind us and talked about football. I suddenly felt horrible. I had taken Zeke's football away. I squeezed Zeke's hand. He squeezed back. Danny walked beside me and was talking about May.
"Do you like her?" Danny asked me. I shrugged.
"Danny, I just met her."  I replied. He nodded and grinned.
"Well, I gotta go to class. Bye Rachel. Later Zeke." He waved. We both waved back and continued walking to my locker. When we got there I looked up at Zeke.
"Hey." I said. He met my eyes and flinched. I felt my brows furrow.
"Zeke. Why are you acting like this?" I asked. He stared at me.
"I turned my dad in. Because you wanted me to." He said. My mouth fell open. Wow. He was really blaming this on me.
"Yeah, I wanted you to. I couldn't stand the fact that... you know what? I'm not having this conversation with you. You did the right thing. That's all that matters." I told him. He nodded and kissed my cheek.
"I know, Ray." He said. I got my stuff out of my locker and Zeke walked me to class. When we got there, he took my hand and put it on his cheek.
"I love you." He said. I nodded.
"I love you, too." I replied. He let go of me and I walked into class.

I'm about to go to school, so I tried to finish this chapter fast. Sorry if it sucked. xD