Chapter Thirty Four

When I got back inside, Scott was talking to May while Tyler, Danny and David were deep in conversation. I wiped my face and started towards the table when Jennifer walked over towards me with three girls following her. I mentally sighed. The three girls look just as dumb as she does.
"So. I heard your boyfriend got Rebecca in trouble." Jenni snapped. The three girls nodded. One had long blonde hair that reached her mid back, she had blue eyes. So stereotypical. Another had blonde hair like the first, though it was put up in a messy bun. Her eyes were blue, much like the other. They looked like twins. The last one had shoulder length black hair. She had a striking resemblance to Rebecca. Maybe they were siblings.
"No, he didn't." I replied evenly. Jenni narrowed her eyes. The girl with black hair spoke up.
"Yes, he did. My sister has to go to court because of you." She hissed. I was right. Siblings. I rolled my eyes.
"No, he didn't. I don't have a boyfriend." I snapped back. I heard an intake of breath from behind me. I turned and saw Zeke standing with his mouth open.
"Oh, come on! You were just screaming at me, telling me that I basically ruined your life! You can't tell me if I did that, you would consider me your girlfriend." I growled. He closed his mouth and nodded. Then, he turned and walked toward the table. The four boys and May turned their heads to look at him. They exchanged conversation and Scott looked at me. My eyes watered again, knowing that those people were my friends. My family. And I was leaving.... I turned towards the four girls again.
"Well, well, well. The nerd breaks up with the football, actually, EX-football player. Normally it's the other way around." The first blonde spoke up. I lifted a shoulder, ignoring the sting in my chest.
"Sorry." I said flippantly. The other blonde narrowed her eyes at me.
"You watch yourself." She snarled. I looked around.
"I don't see a mirror. Do you mind if I borrow your phone?" I asked. Steam practically came out of her ears. Jenni huffed and turned, flipping her hair. The three girls eyed me down and followed her. I started walking to my class when a hand shot out and grabbed my wrist. I looked down to see the hand belonged to Zeke. I ripped my hand out of his grasp and glared at him.
"Need something, Richards?" I asked quietly. His eyes looked sad.
"Yeah. I wanted to say, I'm sorry. Please, Ray. I just... I was taking my anger out in you. My uncle... I know there's no excuse. But, please. Just... forgive me." He pleaded. He looked up at me with his gold eyes. A whirl of emotions was running through me. I stepped away from him.
"Zeke. If I have cause you this much pain... I don't want to inflict more. I'm sorry." Just then, the bell rang. My friends stared at me with perplexed looks on their faces. May was staring at Zeke with a ravenous look on her face. Scott was staring atay sadly. Tyler was looking at me with a small frown on his face. David looked like a little boy who lost his toy car. Danny looked like his dog just died. Zeke, however, looked shocked.
"What?" He asked me. People were leaving the cafeteria, they surrounded us, their incessant conversations filling my ears.
"I said, I don't want to hurt you. And if I stay with you... that's all I do." I said. He stood up and pulled me into his arms, my arms were pinned by my sides. He was crushing me to his chest. His face was in my hair.
"Ray. You aren't hurting me. I was just pissed. I was venting. I'm sorry. Please, please don't do this." He pleaded. I shrugged.
"I don't know, Zeke." I mumbled against his chest. He yanked me back and kissed me roughly. The emotion he was giving me threw me off guard. When he pulled me away, he hugged me again. No one was in the cafeteria by now, except for Zeke and I. The guys and May had all left. When I pulled away, I couldn't resist it. I nodded slowly. This person was my best friend. He broke into a genuine smile.
"Ok. I won't ruin it this time." He said sincerely. I grinned back at him and nodded.

When I got home that day, I toldy parents about Zeke moving in with his uncle. Of course I was sad, but if he would be happy, I would be happy, too. Mom and dad were both sad that Zeke was leaving, but they understood. I called Ash and told her. She was, of course, a wreck. She was upset that he was leaving, but she understood, too. I messed with my bracelet around my wrist and smiled sadly. I sat in my desk chair and looked out the window. Thin blankets of snow coated the trees and ground. I grabbed my sketchbook and started drawing the trees I saw when I got a message.

My Badass Buddy❤: Hey. What was up with you and Zeke?

Me: He was just upset. It's ok now.

My Badass Buddy❤: Oh. Ok. So, he told us he's moving in a couple of weeks.

Me: Yeah... I'm upset about it, but I get it.

My Badass Buddy❤: Us, too. When May saw you two fight, she looked REALLY interested.

Me: Yeah. I noticed that.

My Badass Buddy❤: Me too. Well, I gotta go. Bye, Badass.

Me: Bye, Scott.

I put my phone up and continued sketching. I heard a knock at my door and swiveled around. Zeke stood in my doorway with his arms crossed. He had his letterman jacket thrown over his left arm.
"Hey." He said. I nodded.
"Hi." He threw the jacket on my bed and walked over to me. He put his hands on either side of my face and kissed me softly.
"I want you to have the jacket." He whispered.
"What? No! It's your letterman jacket! You got it in football. It's the only football thing you have left." I refused. He snorted.
"I'll get a new one at my new school." He said. I nodded slowly.
"Yeah." I said. He cleared his throat.
"Hey. It's late. Let's get some sleep." He gestured his head towards my bed. I nodded and slipped my shoes off. We got in my bed and snuggled together. I started to drift off when Zeke spoke up.
"I love you, Ray." He whispered. I smiled.
"I love you, too."

Hey!!! Notice! Next chapter is an Author's Note! Just letting you know!