#19: One Word Challange: Ice-Skating Danielle/Sam for Trenchcoatsandsam!

"C'mon Sam!"

"No!"

"Pleeassse?" Danielle tugged on his flannel shirt sleeve, pouting slightly.

The younger Winchester sighed. "Why do you want to do this?"

"I've always wanted to go ice-skating! Haven't you?" She frowned at him and raised an eyebrow.

"I haven't." He shook his head. "I hate ice. It's cold."

"Well yeah. Of course, what else would it be? It's ice!"

Sam glared at her with a 'really' look and sighed once more in frustration. "Fine."

"Really? Yay! When can we go?" Danielle jumped up and down excitedly.

"Ugh, let's go now, to get it over with." And before he could even get the sentence out, they were in his car, speeding off to the nearest skating rink. When they got there, Sam grumbled and handed some folded up dollar bills to the lady at the front desk for their skates. Danielle grinned the entire time, making employees at the rink look on in confusion. The hunter growled out a 'mind your own goddamn business' and they went back to work quickly. He was not in the mood right then.

"Let's do this quick and leave." He gritted his teeth.

"Why are you so against ice-skating?" She ceased her fighting with the laces on her skate to look up at him worriedly, frowning.

"Do you really want to know?"

Danielle huffed. "Of course I do, Sam."

"When Dean and I were little, around 10 and 14 years old, Dad went on a hunt in Vermont with us. It was our second. We were unknowingly on a sheet of ice when an alpha shifter cracked it and let us almost drown in a freezing pond. Luckily, Dean pulled me out and Dad found us quick enough for us not to get any frostbite. But ever since, I've hated ice, and the cold."

The blue-eyed girl frowned as her eyes softened. "I'm sorry.... We can go home if you want..... But I mean, there isn't water beneath this ice. Only a floor. It never cracks. Like ever."

Sam looked down. "Yeah, well," He turned to face Danielle, revealing a grin. "I'm gonna have fun watching you fall on your ass." She gave a mock-hurt look and punched his arm.

"You're so mean!"