#17: One Word Challenge: Guilty Bela/Dean for Tumblr Anon!

((Whoa no one ships this but apparently anon does. Holy Castiel. Oh yeah and this is cutesy so... yeah. Hope this is what you're looking for. And even some angst at the end! "Yay angst!" said no one ever. This is an AU of what could have happened after Rabbit's Foot.))

Bela wish she hadn't wired their motel room. Now she was hearing things she didn't want to.

"I can't believe you let her take the tickets! This motel costs 110 dollars a night and that was our only way of paying. We'll have to leave in the morning, Dean. I can't believe you." That was what Sam said only 3 minutes earier as he left the motel. It was nice, Bela admitted. Now they had to leave because of her. Again. That was all they did. Leave as soon as they got anywhere. It was sad.

Dean was sitting on the edge of the bed, and Bela frowned. He lowered his head down and she couldn't believe it. His shoulders shook as he cried. Dean Winchester- crying.

It was the worst thing Bela'd seen in a while. Earlier that very day she swore that she'd laugh when Dean Winchester broke down in tears at her feet. But no laughing was heard in the dark room she sat in, watching the security tapes. She could hear everything and those damned lottery slips were right beside her in her stupid Gucci handbag. Bela had stopped eating her late night snack a while ago, as her appetite had been ruined by Sam leaving and Dean crying. Guilt rose in her throat every time she tried to eat and she was afraid she'd have to make a run to the bathroom any minute now.

Bloody hell, why did she have to take their money? She was going to make this right, if it was the last thing she did. Bela reminded herself of one last thing before she left the room with the tickets. 

I am human.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dean awoke with a start and looked at the clock next to him with wide, yet blurred eyes. 5:31 AM it read. He looked on the bedside table to see the outline of 2 golden rectangles. The hunter stared at them for a moment before switching on the lamp. There, inside a piece of lined paper, were the tickets that Bela had stolen only hours before. Confused and shocked, he opened the notebook paper, setting the lottery slips on the table as he sat up. The scrawly handwriting in blue ink stated:

Sorry for the trouble. I didn't realize how pissed your brother would be.

(Although I should have, considering I shot him. Hehe.)

And some extra money for your troubles. It's in the drawer next to the bible.

Hope we meet again on better terms.

~Bela

He blinked and opened up the drawer. Just as she said, there was a 1,000 dollar bill next to the holy book. Dean stood up and paced around the room, not sure what to make of this..... peace offering.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dean sat silent in the car next to his brother. He had just got off the phone with Bela, sealing her fate. Sam sighed, looking at him, as Dean remembered he was dying too. He swallowed heavily.

See you on the other side, thief.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dean never did see Bela in Hell.

To be honest, he wouldn't want to.

He hoped that his thief had been spared.

But alas, people like them don't just have happy endings.