#12: Sam/Danni (OC) for Loki-did-your-Mom

((Sorry that it's kinda short! It's an AU. Sam is King of Spades and Danni is the set queen for him.))

Even after all this time, Danni refused to wear the dark blue robes that were required for the Queen of Spades.

Instead, she preferred a sky blue dress, bordering pastel.

They wanted her only to wear flowing, modest dresses that always, always had to go to her ankles, at the least.

Danni wanted to wear tea-length skirts.

This was beginning to become a problem for the Elder Council, this shy, but rebellious girl was chosen for a job. She was only a country bumpkin. In their eyes, it should've gone to maybe a nicer girl, such as Ruby of Hearts. Or Bela of Clubs. Perhaps even Joanna of Diamonds.

But no, the King refused.

This was the one.

They never argued, but instead agreed on almost everything. They were never jealous, yet no one messed with either one. Even the elder brother of King Sam, agreed that they were perfect.

"Dude, they're like that one couple that has their names scratched onto some weird old tree or some shit."  Those were King Dean of the Diamond kingdom's exact words. Of course, he spoke them with a pathetically high amount of vodka in his system, but meant the words nonetheless.

It was meant to be.

And she made one hell of a queen.