#8: Thanksgiving Wincest for DontForgetThePieSam!

It was Thanksgiving. A time Dean mostly loved, if he didn't think about it. He got to eat a bunch and sit around, but Sam forced him to eat with him and "give thanks." Dean really hated it because the only two things he could give thanks for were Sammy and still being alive. It made him feel small and unimportant to say the same thing every year. Mostly just made him upset, in general.

This Thanksgiving, it was no different. Dean didn't actually feel up to eating, for once in his life and mostly just picked at his food, waiting for Sam to say the weird prayer-like thing that he did every year. He sighed, and nibbled on some of his pumpkin pie (may I add, this was before he ate dinner...)

Sam spoke suddenly. "You know what I give thanks for?" He continued looking forward, as if in a daze, not making eye contact with his brother. His words were soft, but shattered the silence nonetheless. 

"What, Sammy?" Dean frowned in annoyance. He knew it was coming. But it still irked him.

"I give thanks for you being strong and getting up every morning." The younger Winchester turned to him. Now that was new. It stunned Dean slightly, but Sam didn't look quite finished so he stayed silent. "I give thanks, for the fact that you have made me breakfast for the past 5 years. And for the fact, that sometimes you skipped out on it, so I could have extra food."

Dean gasped quietly. He knew about that? Dean had never said a word or ever let out the fact that he didn't eat breakfast somedays, so Sammy could. But still the man went on.

"I am thankful that you don't hate me, and that you're alive. No one will ever come between us. You just care so much, and I don't appreciate it enough. You're amazing. Don't forget it, alright?" Dean nodded slowly, tears welling up in his eyes. 

Sam smiled softly and walked over to Dean's seat, scooping him up in his own arms. He sat down, sitting the elder Winchester down in his lap and pulling him close. Sam kissed his forehead and looked at him lovingly. Dean still thought that it was a dream, but snuggled closer anyway. 

"Hey Dean."

"Hm?"

"I love you." Sam grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

Dean blushed, laughing. "Love you more."

"No that's impossible."

"Oh my god, shut up you dork."