Fifteenth Thread

"Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get" 
W.P. Kinsella

About three months into her career of child soldier murdering machine aka the loyal ninja of Leaf, and Ren still hadn't found a proper flat to move into. It reminded her of her life as Renee – that finding a suitable place for both one's tastes and wallet was, indeed, a challenge. There were cheap places, but way too cramped, or there was something wrong with neighbors, or it was in purely-civilian district. Ren would rather have a run-in with S-Rank missing-nin than live among civilians, honestly.

But at least her career was flourishing – as much as it could for genin as in; they were already running short C-Ranks. So far none of them turned out to be anything harder, as it most likely still would for Team Seven, their only problems bandits. But with Hana's nose and Hibiki's Byakugan, they knew they come even before bandits did. And Ren? Ren wasn't good at finding her opponents, without nose or eyes that have radius of action counted in miles. But she was damn good in taking the opponents down once they were found.

Shibi called her vicious, but that was apparently a good thing, especially in a battlefield.

She also created a new, very, very mean move to aid her fighting. In terms of Awai, who was constantly with her and was apparently affected with her chakra, making him basically a half-summon, especially considering how smart he's got? She started throwing him at people's faces. At first it was quite desperate move, because a bandit was about to hit the client, so she acted without thinking, and it worked. Magically almost. Arachnophobia was the phobia since forever for a reason.

And their surprised, frightened screams? Ren could get used to that.

But back to important matters, Ren really, really needs to find a place of her own. She doesn't mind being a bother to Hokage, he's the grandfather she always wished she had, and the estate is big, but... But it's in the middle of goddamn nowhere, and Sasuke, having re-started school month ago after holidays is starting to get annoyed by it. It was fine when he walked with Ren, because they could talk, but walking for half an hour, all alone in the morning? That was boring, even if he was joined by other rookies from time to time – but that was once a week, maybe, when someone slept over. Majorly Naruto, but he lived quite far from the estate.

In one of worst districts, actually, one right next to Red lights Districts. That did spark ire in Ren, because jinchuuriki or not, who by their senses would put a child in such place?

Danzo, most likely, because Danzo was an asshole of assholes.

(An asshole she found lurking around Aburame compound lately. She didn't bother waiting, but went with the fact to Shibi straight away, because she knew that he was eyeing Shino – even if canonically he would snatch Torune instead – as a potential ROOT brainwashed doll. So, she brought matter up with Shibi, he with Hokage, and soon Danzo was nowhere to be seen around Aburame grounds. For a while, Ren's nerves were partially soothed.

Danzo would prove to be the menace of menaces, as, according to her at least, he was the villain of whole Naruto series. Ren would honestly rather sit in the same room with Kaguya, Black Zetsu and Madara – at the same time – than him. But she still kept lookout when she was visiting the compound, which was quite often, as Miwa – Shibi's wife and Shino's mother – absolutely adored having them come over for dinner.)

...ooo~(x)~ooo...  

Sakura was troubled, that was clear to see. Maybe she thought she was good at hiding it, but she wasn't. At least not from Hinata, with whom she grew really close ever since the birthday party. And that's how Ren learned of it – from Hinata, and when she looked a bit closer, fighting the haze of training and missions, she saw it, too.