Chapter XII

Legolas's pov

"How could he be so arrogant?" I ask myself as I swing my quiver over my shoulder. "He should've learned by now that he needs to care about others." I pick up my bow and leave my room.

The halls were empty, thankfully everyone is still at the feast. I was in no mood to explain my actions.

I walk outside and breathe in the fresh air. The sky was getting dark, but I didn't care whether it was midnight or noon.

I head over to the archery range at the training grounds. Flashbacks replay from the day parents would teach me to shoot with a bow.

I pull out an arrow and knock it, aiming straight at the center of the target. I let loose the arrow and it snaps to the center of the target. I let loose a few more, all landing within the middle circle.

"I like it better when there are moving targets." I say as I let another loose.

"I find it better when they are as well." I hear Cindor approach me.

I stop and face him. He had concern in his eyes. "Prince Legolas, please don't let his anger get to you."

I nod. "How do I if he always expresses it, even to others besides me?"

"He has gone through his own problems." He pauses. "Elrond told me about your father. He said... something happened when he was in Gundabad with your mother. It has left him scarred. Elrond doesn't know exactly what the affects were, but he told me he had lost all love he ever had in his heart the day you left."

"I couldn't have guessed." I say grudgingly.

"I am speaking truth." He rests his hand on my shoulder. "Don't forget to be your own person. Don't take your fathers actions and make them your own. Be stronger than him and maybe he will see his faults himself."

I nod. Cindor always knows what to say in the right times.

"Thank you." I say, looking back at the target. "Training starts tomorrow, and I hope I can handle it."

"I know you, Legolas." Cindor smiles. "You can take on anything you set your mind to."