"Alright, understandable.  Why come after me?" Luke asked in a monotone voice.

Patrick scoffed again, and looked back over to me.  This time with a full smirk on his face.  I would just see the wheels in his head turning....  He glanced back to Luke when he answered, still glancing back to me every few seconds.  "Because we needed to take you down first.  We go after this bitch first and we are at a disadvantage with you being able to defend her.  So you were our first target."  He paused for a moment and his smile grew wider; he narrowed his eyes.  "I mean after going after her enough times and seeing you always there in the way, we figured out you would probably always be there.  After all, I think I was right when I said before that you were sleeping around," he said, looking back to me and gesturing to Luke. "You having a fun time fucking him?  It's really working out because he keeps running like a dog to protect his little bitch," he laughed. 

That was what set Luke off, which absolutely shocked me.  My mind was consumed in worry over Francis.... That we needed to leave now, get to Francis, warn him that they have an idea he is a traitor (and that one now knows it's him).  I wanted to call him, go to him, help him, so we could protect him.  He needed to know... and I knew that that was all that was on Luke's mind.  He just wanted to get to Francis.  So with our attention only half here, I was shocked to see all of Luke's come back when Patrick said that. Of course, I came back to attention fully when Patrick said that they were going after Luke first because he was the biggest threat.  It made me upset, and worry immensely, about what would happen next time... but he was pissed about him offending me.

Looking over to Luke, he stood up instantly from his chair but he didn't advance towards him.  Maybe because it was instinct for me to grab his hand and hold him, reminding him there was more important things.  More than him getting pissed off over what he said about me fucking him.  It reminded me of what happened before when Patrick taunted him using me.  Luke beat him up and that was the last thing we needed now, with knowing there was some cops watching (and hopefully not the sheriff). 

Staring up at Luke with wide eyes, wanting to beg him to sit his ass down and stop, I saw he was scowling.  His eyes were filled with heat and anger aimed at Patrick.  "Don't you ever talk about her like that again," he said under his breath, this time with an edge to his voice.  With that, he quickly sat back down next to me.  Before I removed my hand though, I felt his body force itself to relax as it had before when Francis came up.  It wasn't but a minute until he was all stone again. 

Patrick, looking entirely amused now, cracked up for a moment before composing himself.  All the while, I could feel my need to get out of here rise in me again. I didn't want to be around him anymore.  I didn't want to be here... I needed to talk to Francis.  We both needed to warn him to never go back there and to hide, maybe even hide with us somewhere.  I could tell Luke wanted the same.  He wanted to get to Francis, to leave because he was slowly losing his patients I could tell.  That's why he swiftly went on to the next question, his voice just slightly more menacing.

"Is there anything we could do to end this?" Luke asked him, looking even slightly desperate when I glanced over to him before back to Patrick.

He smirked more, raising a hand up to his head.  Running his long fingers through his greased hair, his eyes looked amused and teasing again.  "If there was any chance, let me tell you... it's gone now."

"What do you mean?" I spoke up, narrowing my eyes.

"Well, if there even was such a chance to end this, you both fucked it up.  You killed Pauly's son."

...What?  Just what?  I wasn't ready to just 'go to the bathroom' anymore folks.  I was ready to openly walk out without an excuse now. After he said that, I was so confused (so don't feel like the only ones).  More so, it just gave me a feeling... that a line was crossed after he said that.  That we were in deeper shit than we realized.  Because as I watched Patrick carefully, even with that amused dumb smirk, it looked like it was there for a reason, not just to mess with us.  I didn't at all like what he said either, even if I didn't understand what he meant.