A Shattered Heart

*3rd Person*

The three remain frozen as Serena's limp body falls to the ground. A moment of utter shock passes before Klaus' loud scream fills the air. At lightning speed, he runs over to him roughly shoving his hand into his chest. Darren gasp as Klaus rips his heart from his chest, he falls to the ground. Dead burden eyes staring up at him, Klaus' drops his heart quickly attending to Serena. He gently cradles her in his arm, Jared and Marcus quickly rushing over to them.

"Serena?" He questions pushing her hair from her face. "Serena, love, open your eyes. Open your eyes please."

Tears fill Klaus' eyes, as he gently strokes his bloody hand against her cheek. He holds her her body close, placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"Please wake up." He whispers nuzzling his nose into her hair. "Please love."

Marcus and Jared watch him silently, surprised by the emotion the supposed heartless Orignal is showing.

Klaus felt so heavy, his chest tight as he held her cold body in his arms. The worst possible thing had happened, the one thing he had hope to prevent. His mind drifted to all the words he wanted to tell her. Before it fell on the thought of how foolish he was. How coarse and blind he had been. He truly did care for the blonde, possibly even love her and now, now she is gone. Ripped away from him as quickly as she had come into his life.

However, among the three males anguish, a small glimmer of hope shone through. At the small, soft sound of a fluttering heartbeat.