A Smile

"Yeah Jared I'll be right back." I shout heading off down a different aisle.

"Hello Serena." 

I jump glancing over my shoulder. "This is now officially stalking." I state, turning to him. "I mean really Klaus do you have nothing better to do?"

In a second I am pinned up against the shelf. His tall frame towers over me, his chin brushing against my shoulder as his cool breath fans against my ear.

"I would watch your tone with me love." He whispers.

I quickly slip out under his arm. "Yes because this whole reappearing in my life is just a hobby." I snap. "Just admit it Klaus."

He smirks turning around to face me. "Admit what?"

"That you enjoy my sassy remarks. You find it refreshing. From what I gathered everyone hates you, fears you, or both. I'm just here because you find my attitude refreshing."

His smirk widens as he leans in towards me. "I'll see you tonight love." 

He quickly disappears and I grumble profanities under my breath snatching a box off the shelf. 

**********************************************************************

"Well this is a surprise."

I turn around. "Yes, well I figured I would meet you tonight." I state nonchalantly.

"And how exactly did you get up here?" 

I sigh glancing down at the street. "It wasn't easy."

"Well I appreciate the effort." He states coming up beside me.

I sigh. " Well, I don't see you going away any time soon." I state giving him a slight smirk.

He raises his eyebrow, returning my smirk. "I'm afraid you're stuck with me love."

"And why is that? Why me?" 

"Well like you said early, I find you refreshing." 

A small smile tugs on my lips. It is strange, Klaus and I just seem to have this odd rapport with one another. I believe that's why we hit it off so well to begin with, I think it's also the reason he still wishes to continue speaking with me. Or perhaps he feels the underlying attraction that I do, perhaps we both provide a pull for one another. I won't deny that I am attracted to him, however I will never give him the satisfaction of it. I think in some way he knows of my unannounced affection, that's why he continues to appear. He knows I won't turn him away.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

I meet his gaze, his blue green eyes looking into mine. A small smile pulls on my lips. "I'm afraid it's going to cost more then that."

He returns my smile, after a brief moment it dawns on me. His smile is genuine, a truly wonderful genuine smile. This thought only makes my smile widen.

"Well you seem cheery." He states.

I looking up at him nodding, my smile stronger than ever. "Yeah." I pause looking back out to the street. "It's nice to see you smile."