In the Forest

I stare up at the stars, they were so much brighter out here.

"So where have you taken me?" I question looking over at him.

"We're close to a manor I'm currently living in."

"A manor? Classy."

He rolls his eyes looking up to the sky. "Surely this is a better view."

I nod follow his gaze. "Much better."

A peaceful silence drifts around us, and I can't help but smile at how calm the moment is. However when I return my gaze to the trees around us a cold chill runs up my spine. I am once again reminded of that terrible nightmare. I quickly shut my eyes, letting out a slow breath. I jump when I feel his hand on my shoulder. I open my eyes looking up to him.

"Are you alright?"

I quickly nod. "Um, yeah, yeah I'm fine."

He rest his hands on my shoulders, bending down to my eye level. "Serena."

I swallow the lump in my throat. "I'm, I'm okay."

I hear a snap of a twig as a cool breeze drifts pass. I jump, and before I can even think my head is buried into his chest. He stands there awkwardly for a moment before wrapping his arms around my shoulders. 

"Can, can we just leave please?" I mumble.

He gently picks me up, and I bury my head in his shoulder, my legs wrap around his waist, while his arms were firmly around my waist holding me up. He begins to head off somewhere and with in a few minutes the chill of the night air is gone. I open my eyes, seeing a lit up room. We stay like this for a few moment, neither one of us moving. Finally I unwrap my legs gently setting my feet on the ground. My hands gently move down his shoulders resting against his chest. His arms remain around my torso. He stares down at me, his eyes peering deep into my soul. I meet his stare an odd feeling washing through me.

"Um thank you." I whisper looking down to the ground.

He nods removing his arms, his eyes continuing to stare down at me.

"Why were you so frighten?"

I shake my head stepping away. "It's nothing."

I feel his gaze harden. "That did not seem like nothing."

I sigh. "Look just let it go Klaus."

Suddenly he lightly grips my shoulders. "You can tell me willing or I will compel the answer out of you."

I roughly pull away from him. "Don't you dare threaten me, if I wanted you to know I'll tell you!"

In a second he has pinned against a wall, arms caging me in on both sides "I told you to watch your tone with me Serena." He growls.

"And if you wish to continue talking to me, you'll just have to get use to it." I state through gritted teeth.

I lift my hands up bring them to his chest to push him away. However he catches my wrists pinning them up on either side of my head. I take a swing at him with my foot.

"Why must you always have the upper hand?" I snap. "Would it kill you to act human?!"

His hips rough press against mine, keeping my legs still. "Well I am not human now am I?" He growls his face inches from mine. His blue green eyes  holding a raging storm. "I am a dark creature who causes fear in men."

I glare up at him. "Well to me you're Klaus."  I snap. "And I am not afraid of you."