A Monster

I follow Elijah down a set of stone steps, it's some secret passage that is completely swallowed in darkness.

"Now I ask that you stay behind me." He begins quietly. "With the fact that you are human I'm not sure how my brother will react to you in his state."

"How does he react to you?" 

He pause at a big wooden door, glancing over his shoulder at me. "Not well."

He opens the door revealing a dark dungeon like room. The room is dimly lit, but in the small amount of light I could see a figure chained to the far wall.

"He's chained up?"

"I couldn't very well let him roam free now could I?"

Elijah steps into the room and I quickly follow him. 

"I've had to soak the chains in vervain, it's the only way to stop him from breaking his restraints. But even that doesn't hold him long." 

Klaus lifts his head up, he pulls against his restraints and I could hear his skin burning. Elijah holds his arm out in front of me, keeping distance between me and his brother. 

"Nikalus."

His eyes snap up to us. Two dark pits with simmering gold circles in the center. His face is distorted, taking on a somewhat monstrous shape. An odd mix between human and canine. He growls, his left wrist breaking free. Elijah quickly appears by him holding his hand back, he easily throws him across the room breaking his right one. Elijah is quickly back on his feet, standing in front of me. I watch in awe I never knew Klaus was this strong. I've seen a few supernatural fights between two vampires, but never two Originals. They may not have been technically fight, but the power they had rolls off of them in waves. Filling the room with a very overwhelming feeling. Suddenly Klaus threw Elijah into a wall, his body left a hole as he fell to the ground. Before Elijah can get to his feet, Klaus is on top of him.

"Klaus." My voice echos around the room despite the noise.

He pauses, slowly rising back up. His shoulder's straighten out, as his dark eyes turn to me. In an instant he's in front of me, his hands roughly grab my shoulders forcefully pushing me back into the wall. I clench my teeth, looking up at him. He towers above me, I could see his eyes swirling with conflict. 

"Klaus." I whisper.

His eyes flash their normal blue green. "Serena." He forcefully states.

They quickly flash back to the black pits. His jaw tenses, he leans against his forearm hovering over me. His eyes are tightly shut.

"Klaus." I whisper gently placing my hand against his cheek.

He swallows thickly leaning his head against my shoulder. Elijah cautiously watches us from across the room. He wraps his other arm around my waist, pulling me against his frame.

"Serena." He whispers.

Elijah silently watches us from across the room. I wrap my arms around his torso.

"It's okay Klaus."

Suddenly his head is buried in the crook of my neck as his body limply falls against mine, I struggle to keep him up. After a moment he regains his stance. I glance over at Elijah, who had an unusual look on his face.

"You're okay." I whisper, gently rubbing his shoulder. "You're okay."