Amnesia

*Serena*

The next day the three of us sit in the living room.

"You don't remember anything?" Marcus questions for the third time.

I shake my head falling back against the couch. "No nothing."

"Not who attacked you?" Jared questions

I close my eyes thinking back. "A woman." I state after a moment.

"A vampire?" Marcus questions.

I nod. "I think so."

"And what did she want?"

I shake my head my mouth agape. "I don't know."

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You were attacked by a woman, who we're all assuming was a vampire. Then-then how did you get here?" Marcus says.

"I don't know." I snap.

"How do you not know?!"

"Marcus." Jared states forcefully.

Marcus slumps back into his chair. Jared turns to me, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"My guess is that your head injury wiped the recent event from your memory." He glances over to Marcus. "Which isn't your fault. However, we believe that someone found you." He states slowly.

"Whoever it was feed you their blood." Marcus states. "That much blood you would have been dead if someone-"

"You're saying a vampire saved me from another vampire?"

"The Quarter's a close community, there are rules here." Jared beings. "If someone saw an outsider attacking a resident, it's not so far fetch that they would intervene." 

"Okay, and?" I question.

"No and, if you remembered something, anything. We might be able to question this good samaritan and figure out why you were attacked in the first place." Marcus states.

"That's what you're upset about?"

"I'm upset that you were attacked." He snaps.

"You both already know why I was attack, it was them, it had to have been them."

"We don't know that." Jared states.

"But it is on the top of our list." Marcus states.

Jared glares over at him. "Why don't you go for a walk?"

Marcus returns his glare, after a moment he sighs get to his feet. Both Marcus and I both knew it was more of a demand then a question.

"Don't pay attention to him." Jared states quietly as Marcus shuts the door. "Until you remember, we don't really know what happened. So there is no need to worry about it, okay?"

I nod looking up at him. "Alright."

"You can come back in now." Jared states.

The door opens and I look over at him. "You knew he wasn't going to leave?"

"Of course I knew." He begins leading back against the couch. "He's as stubborn as a mule."

I laugh falling back against the couch next to him. "You two are prefect for each other."

"Obviously." Marcus states coming into the room, looking over to Jared with a smile. "We keep each other in check."