Cat and Mouse

I pant, running through the dark forest. I gasp as my foot slips, quickly catching myself on a nearby tree. I look around the forest fear building up in my chest. I couldn't believe I was back here again. My nightmare, once again reliving itself. 

"Serena!" His voice echoes around the empty woods.

My heart picks up at I continue forward my fanning out in front of me in small white clouds. Tears slid down my cheeks, a twig snapping behind me. I gasp, the world crumbling around me.  I trip my palms digging into the dirt. A pair of black boots coming into my line of vision. 

"Oh, Serena did you really think you could get away from me again?"

He roughly grabs the back of my neck, tossing me backward like a rag doll. I hit the ground with a thud, wincing as pain erupts through my body.

"I've learned from my mistakes, Serena. Clearly, you have not."

He wraps his hand around my throat, hoisting me up in the air. I gasp for breath, crawling at his hand.

"I'd really hate to kill you, Serena, not now, though. It's not the right time."

He drops me to the ground, I gasp catching my breath.

"So that's your plan? To kill me?" I gasp.

He kneels down next to me. "If those two want you so badly then I'll give you too them. Perhaps in many pieces."

"Serena!" My eyes look to the three figure in front of us.

"Klaus," I whisper.

Darren's hand wraps around my throat, tightly holding me against his frame.

"I guess that party can begin." 

"Let her go and I shall make your death as painless as possible," Klaus growls.

Darren chuckles. "You want her so bad. Take her."