The Hex

"Is he okay?" I question.

"He's fine for the time being. However he seems to be getting progressively worst." 

I just stare at Elijah, shocked by how calmly he speaks of his brother's condition.

"What exactly is this hex doing to him?"

Elijah's dark eyes meet mine. "She said his outer appearance didn't quiet fit his inner one. So." He pauses. "She corrected the mistake."

"What does that mean?" I question quietly.

"It means that now everyone can see the monster he his." Jared states in a hush voice. 

"This hex has brought Niklaus' monstrous instincts to the surface, he's practically a wild animal in a corner. Stuck in between the stages and man and beast. Unable to fully control himself."

"There's a cure right? There has to be." I question. 

"I was told there is no cure,  She expressed it in her dying breath that neither my brother nor I would every be able to break it."

"Can I see him?"

"Serena I think we should leave." Jared snaps. "We've over stayed our welcome."

I ignore Jared looking to Elijah with a determine stare, he meets my gaze an intense look in his eyes. 

"I don't think you understand just how dangerous this is." He states.

I take a step towards him. "And I don't care."

He gives me a small amused smirk.  "Very well then."

"I'm going with you." Jared states.

"No, Marcus would kill me if anything happens to you."

"And Marcus would kill me if anything happens to you." He states.

"I'll be fine, and if something does happen at least you and Marcus still have each other."

"Serena-"

"It's alright Jared." Elijah begins cutting him off. "I'll make sure she returns to you safely."

Jared looks between us, before sighing. "I want your word Elijah."

Elijah nods. "You have my word, I will return her to you safely."

He nods taking a small step back. "I will just wait here then." He tells me.

I nod turning to Elijah who is staring down at me. "If you'll follow me."