15. The Beginning of the End

"P-Please..." the woman said again, "K-Kill me!" Y/N just started shaking her head in horror.
"No... I can't. I can't kill someone I can save!" she responded, trying to pull the gun away. But the lady wouldn't let her, holding a firm grip on the gun still.
"Please!" This brought Y/N to a stand still, her E/C eyes connecting with the lady's dull and pleasing brown ones.

"Please, child. Please... just kill me..."

And now she was back to reality, now seeing a dead women beneath her, a bullet hole in the middle of her head. Blood spattered everywhere, including Y/N's once clean hands. The H/C haired girl slowly raised her shaking hands, her eyes widening as the realisation of what she had just done hit her. And it hit her hard.

"Y/N"

Said girl was brought out of her reverie at the sound of Newt's voice calling her name, lifting her head in his direction without much interest.
"Yeah?" the E/C eyed girl answered softly, still bringing her mind away from the past event that just kept repeating over and over within her mind.
"We're almost at the drop off point... Was just wanting to let you know so you're ready." Y/N just nodded and gave Newt a small smile of appreciation before turning her head back to face the ground. The brown-eyed boy looked down upon his angel and saw that she still wasn't all right. 'It must've hit her pretty hard for her to be still not talking to anyone.' Newt deduced as he walked over to crouch in front of her slouched form.

Y/N heard footsteps pound softly against the Berg's flooring, but not as loudly as the gunshot that was pounding in her ears. After the incident with the Cranks, Lawrence had rushed them to the Berg dock, hopped them all on, and took off before Y/N knew what was happening. By the time she regained proper senses, the aircraft was already on its way to the drop off point: the point where she would be dropped off and then would walk to W.I.C.K.E.D's facility. Although they had been travelling for about two or so hours, the events with the Cranks were all that Y/N could focus on. The events played over in her mind on replay, and the gunshot from the bullet she shot still rung clear as a bell in her ears. She hadn't spoken much within those long hours, not even talking to Newt for the first two hours. The incident had caused her much trauma, and had forced her to go within herself and hide from the world. All she could think about was how she looked a person dead in the eyes, a person she could've possibly saved, and killed them. 'She was a Crank. She was gonna hurt us. She was in pain. I had to put her out of her misery.' That's what she kept telling herself, but the H/C haired Glader couldn't get her mind around the fact that she killed someone.

Y/N's tears had run out hours ago, and her senses had been numbed to the bone. So when she felt a hand touching hers very clearly, she jumped in surprise. Y/N looked up to see Newt crouching in front of her with a sad frown on his face. He didn't say anything, just let his eyes wander over face. Memorising each and every sad line upon his angel's face and vowing to never let her have those sad lines come across her face again.

"You all right, Love?" Newt asked, crouching down in front of Y/N to look into her E/C eyes. She stared at him with empty eyes; no emotions, no tears. Nothing. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, well... it was as if Y/N had closed those windows completely, not allowing anyone to see her soul. Because if they did, she was afraid they would see how broken and dark it was now.
"Yeah..." Y/N replied quietly, "I'm all right, I guess..." Newt wasn't convinced, not by a long shot. His freckled face scrunched up in frustration, but it was a sad frustration that he felt. He wasn't completely frustrated at Y/N for still not getting over the fact that she had killed someone, he was also sad at how broken and fragile the experience had left his angel.