5. Waking up to lies

Newt was thrashing everywhere. He resisted as the guards took him into his separate room, as they strapped him to an operation table and as they waited, waited for someone to come.
"Doctor Chase should've finished with the girl by now, what is taking her so long?", one of the bulky men grumbled, annoyance crossing his face.
'Which girl?', Newt frantically thought, 'Do they mean Milly or Y/N?'.
"Hey! What girl?", Newt demanded from his restrained position, "Y/N or Milly?! I swear to God, if you touch either of them, I'll-".
"You'll what, Crank?!", the other mam angrily snapped back, baring his teeth with fury, "From where you are, I don't think you should be threatening us, buddy!". Newt shut his mouth after that, realising that his captors were right. But he never changed his expression, an expression of pure rage and hurt.

The blond boy just continued to struggle with his restraints, causing his wrists to burn with pain at his attempts. He tried wriggling his feet but the straps around his ankles were strapped down tight, no way of getting out without help. 'Come on, Newt...', the boy berated himself, moving his head as much as he could to get a better view, 'You have to do something!'. So he continued his struggles, thinking of it as the only way to get out.
"Would you stop struggling, you damn nutter!", the first guard cried out again, this time getting up and walking and poking his Launcher at the boy. "You struggle one more damn time, I'll fire this thing at you and shoot you over and over again. Are we clear!? Newt didn't answer, only stared at the man, determined not to give in.
"I said, are we clear?!".

But the guard's attention was pulled away from Newt as a noise came from the room next door. 'Milly's room!', Newt realised, eyes widening in shock and fear. There were thuds, and shrieks and yells and a loud blasting sound. Then silence. The two men in the room looked cautiously at each other, the man threatening Newt heading for the door to check out the commotion. The guard quietly went up to the door and pried it open the tiniest bit. He raised his Launcher expecting someone to be right behind the door. The guard turned to his partner and counted with his fingers from 3 down to 1. And when he counted number 1, he swung open the door and raised his Launcher at shooting level. No one. Nobody was standing waiting to come in, there was only empty space in front of him. But the guard continued his search, stepping out into the corridor and turning right, where the commotion came from. Newt couldn't see anything that was happening, only able to see the other guard standing to Newt's left. 'What the shuck is happening...?'. But Newt suddenly heard a loud blasting sound and a loud thud coming from (Where Newt guessed it was) the doorway. The brown-eyed boy saw, in the corner of his eye, the other guard tense up and ready his Launcher.

But the guard wasn't quick enough, as soon enough the same blasting was heard from the doorway and a great thud resonated from the second guard as a small object hit his chest. The guard's eyes widened with realisation as he hit the ground, electricity shooting through his body, making him writhe in agony. Newt couldn't see the newcomers, but he didn't need to when he heard his best friend's voice.
"Newt, you old shank, you alright?", Minho questioned as he unstrapped his friend, looking him over and holding Newt at arm's length once the boy sat upright.
"Fine, Minho. Thanks for asking", the blonde replied, a cheeky smile crossing his lips. Minho looked over his best friend one more time before pulling Newt into his hard embrace. The brown-eyed boy was surprised at first, not used to this side of his sassy friend. But Newt embraced him back, slightly smiling at the sense of being with his friend again.
"Newtie!", Milly came flying out of nowhere, flinging herself into the hug of Minho and Newt. Her older brother chuckled as he hugged her too, letting go of Minho to hold her closer.
"Hey, Mil", he softly greeted,  pushing out of the embrace and holding her at arm's length, "Are you OK? I heard screaming".
"I'm fine, that was just Minho. He got such a fright!", Milly joked, quietly chuckling. Newt burst out laughing, forgetting their situation and just laughing freely.
"Hey!", the Leader called out while pouting, "That's not true! That was you, you little minx!". The 3 just laughed, genuinely finding it funny in a situation like the one they were in.
"Um...", a voice interrupted from the door, causing 3 heads to follow the voice, "I hate to ruin the reunion, but we need to get Y/N and leave this place before more WICKED workers find us". Thomas' words brought Newt back to reality, his smile fading and bringing determination to his eyes. He nodded alongside the rest of the group, it was only then that he noticed the actual shooter of the group. It wasn't Thomas holding a Launcher, but Brenda!
"What the shuck is she doing here?", Newt questioned, the words just slipping from his mouth without thought.
"No time to explain", Thomas stated, backing up to the doorway, "Right now, what matters is Y/N. So come on!".