Epilogue

Chapter Text

To say a lot had changed over the last two years since Dean had crashed into Sam's life would be a massive understatement. It was something Sam thought about often when he had a spare moment but it had definitely changed for the better.

"Sam!" The familiar voice called to him.

The tall man spun around, smiling so tight that his dimples couldn't be accentuated any more. His eyes landed on the old man and he ran to him, arms wide.

"Bobby!" Joy flooded though Sam, "We weren't expecting you until tonight!" He squeezed him tight into a hug.

"Couldn't resist coming down a littler earlier. After all, it's not everyday I get to see my two favorite hunters!" He chuckled, hugging back with equal force. His face pressed against Sam's plaid-clad shoulder.

"It's only been a couple of months!" The young hunter laughed at their reunion. For him, seeing Bobby again was always like seeing a long-distance relative.

They both began walking towards the motel where the boys were staying for the duration of the hunt. It was cheap and worlds away from what Sam used to have but he wouldn't trade this for the world, lumpy beds and all. There was a comfortable silence as they crossed the parking lot, they were readjusting to the other's presence.

"How is he?" Bobby asked, making light conversation.

"I think he's good. Really good but you can ask for yourself." Sam answered as they reached the brown door labelled room 7. He unlocked it easily and let them in.

Dean was lying back on their bed with a beer in his fingers. He was laughing at whatever had just happened on the show he was watching but looked up to greet Sam when he entered, as he always did. His eyes sparkled with adoration which made Sam blush.

"Look who I found." Sam said as though he'd picked up a stray puppy. He stepped aside to reveal Bobby from behind his massive frame.

"Bobby!" Dean shot up and pulled the man into a hug, "How y'doing?" The smile carried in his tone. He was always beyond pleased to see his surrogate father especially after a few months apart. He'd been a rock for him over the years.

They embraced and Bobby couldn't stop the grin from spreading on his face as he spoke. To see both his boys was always special for him since they were usually so busy dashing from place to place. They'd grown into an unstoppable team especially when Sam held such researching skills! Needless to say, he was always building tech to make hunting easier form the whole community; he was truly a God send. This meant that the boys were in high demand.

"Do you want a beer?" Sam asked. He began walking to the small fridge before the old man had even began to answer as he knew him well enough to know.

Dean and Bobby took a seat around the table and began to catch up while Sam quickly grabbed three bottles and carried them over in his giant bear paws. He held one out to Bobby.

"What's this?!" The old man cried, peering at Sam's hand.

Shocked, Sam froze and searched for words, "Uh, beer? You wanted one, remember?"

"No!" Bobby waved off Sam's comment like he'd been intentionally stupid, "I meant, what's this?!" He pointed to the golden ring circling Sam's wedding finger. His eyes glanced down to Dean's to see a matching band.

Upon realising what the hunter was asking, Sam blushed a deep red, "It was Dean's idea." He mumbled.

Dean was beaming with pride, the smile stretching from ear to ear. His eyes glittered and his right hand fiddled with the ring as he spoke, "I asked Sammy to marry me a few months back."

"Congratulations, boys! I'm so happy for you but... Why wasn't I invited?!" He pretended to be mad to tease them.

Dean rolled his eyes dramatically and pulled on Sam's sleeve to make him sit, "It was this one. He was so embarrassed about being married. He didn't want to be the centre of attention so only agreed to marry me once I'd promised not to tell anyone that it was even happening." He grinned, so happy just to be able to finally tell the hunter, "I wanted to tell you in secret but knowing Sam, he'd find out within minutes!"

The youngest man thumped his husband in the arm in a desperate attempt to stop him being so embarrassing. He was purposely showing Sam up to get revenge. Dean merely laughed.

Bobby watched them carefully. He could honestly say that he'd never seen Dean so cheerful in the whole of the boy's life. He seemed more free and spirited, more like the man Bobby had always hoped he'd grow into. Sam had grown older, the weight of the world drew tiny wrinkles around the edges of his eyes and he spoke with a more worldly knowledge, not just what he'd been taught. Laughter lines had been etched into his skin where they'd spend hours together laughing and smiling.

He often wondered if Sam missed his old home but knew that without each other, they'd never truly be at home.

---
Thank you for reading!! I appreciate all the support you've given me x