Terminator

He was dragged back to consciousness by the urgent fullness of his bladder. His muscles and limbs were stiff from too much sleep but he couldn't really complain since he was feeling significantly better than any day in the last few years or at least since his father had died two years ago.

Leaning up onto his elbows, Dean peered around into the darkness. He drew the blanket off him and leapt up before having to regain his balance due to the harsh speed of his rise. Stumbling blindly, especially on the stairs of the sunken lounge, Dean just about managed to survive the journey over to the light controls. He pushed his hand against the glass hopelessly in utter desperation as it would seem pretty pathetic for Sam to come home to find Dean sat in the dark all day because he couldn't work the controls.

His warm hand pushed against the cool panel and it instantly lit up revealing several different options from him to choose from. There was sections for the thermostat, air quality, air density and air filtering. There was also one called Toxicity Check but the hunter knew better than to play around with that. Slightly fearful of the complicated options, Dean stuck to the section that read "Lighting". He managed to find the correct button to untint the dark glass allowing for sunlight to pour into the room. His eyes stung at the sudden assault but, with swift blinking, he soon adjusted.

The near bursting sensation in his lower abdomen caused him to continue his original mission which was to search out the bathroom. The previous night Sam had said it was attached to his bedroom so now was the time to see if it was the truth.

The door to the bedroom was normal, much to Dean's relief. He didn't think he'd be able to cope if it was all futuristic. Darkness shrouded the room but when the hunter took a step forward, light suddenly lit the room by some automated system, Dean assumed that's what it was anyway.

The room was overwhelmingly minimalist just like the other rooms of the apartment had been. A large, perfectly made, king sized bed lay as the focal point of the room with its large headboard pushed against the white wall on the left. Dean guessed that Sam needed it large to ensure that his feet wouldn't stick off the edge. It had dark blue covers that looked divine to the touch and sensuously silky. Dean's impulses craved to dive between the soft sheets and fall straight back to sleep. Although, he doubted that a man like Sam would appreciate a grimy stranger rolling around on his bed. Two dark wood side tables were positioned on the left and right of the bed with a type of lamp on top. A large heavy looking desk with some sort of toolbox stashed underneath it was on the other side of the room, on the far side of the bed. Nothing else littered the room.

He could imagine Sam's long limbs sprawled out in the bed and his bird's nest of bed hair upon his head. He briefly pondered if maybe Sam slept naked. Did he seem like the kind of guy that would? Dean assumed that his host would sleep naked if he didn't have guests over. Even though he had no evidence to prove it.

There was two doors leading off from the room and suddenly a vicious curiousness over took the man. He inched closer to one of the dark doors and reached out for the handle. Inside was a light bathroom with the minimalist theme continued here as well; Dean wondered if it was fashionable in the future to be so plain or if Sam just hadn't personalised the place.

---
The trip to the bathroom was mostly uneventful aside from the hunter's run-in with the modern toilet. He seriously didn't understand the different settings mounted on the back of the toilet so just clicked one and hoped for the best.

He exited back through to the main area, running his hand over Sam's silky sheets on the way past, and found that his stomach rumbled upon seeing the clean kitchen. He bit his lip before padding over to the food and hesitating. Was it right to go rifling through another man's drawers? Even if it was in the desperate search of food? The hunger pang in his stomach told him that yes, it definitely is okay.