Chapter 37, pt 1: James won't tell anyone what is so special on Friday the 13th

January 13th, 2015
James' point of view

January 13th. My favorite day of the whole year. Everyone is already back at Hogwarts, Peeves came back to work, and nobody knows what day it is. Apart from Friday the 13th, of course.

"I'm still frightened about what we saw written on the floor. You know, CT is clearly me... and who's H?"

"Don't worry about that, My Lady" I said. "Let's just... enjoy today." A grin appeared in my face.

"Why are you so... different today, James?" Diggory asked, getting a bread. We were having breakfast, at the Gryffindor table.

I shrugged. "Friday the thirteenth feels, probably." I said.

"Okay, then." Digs got up. "I'll look for Bruns. Bye guys" He walked away.

"Bye!" I said and turned to C, who was staring at me with curiosity.

"Yes?"

She kept staring at my eyes. "When did you say was your birthday?"

"I didn't" I grabbed an apple from a basket.

"And what would you do if I... asked you if today's your birthday?"

I smiled. "I... would give you an apple."

She nodded. "Okay... is your birthday today?"

I grinned and gave her an apple. "I said I'd do that."

She nodded once again. "I know."

"See you at class." I got up and walked away.

She sighed. "See you later."

I didn't even had the job to say yes. C is too smart to wait for a response.

Transfiguration class was cool. I made a stapler turn into a frog who blew up fire. McGonagall got mad at me... as usual.

"Are you okay?" I heard Digs ask C.

"Yeah", she took a while to answer him. "I'm just... with many things in my head."

"Sure, I believe you..." he murmured, not trusting her.

"So you are not believing in the truth" she scoffed. "I'm thinking about family, you know."

  She's lying, I thought. It's not about her family; it's about me.

  "Okay then... so, what happened with your family?"

  Thank you, Diggory.

  "My grandfather... is at the hospital. Heart problems, like what my mom has, like I have."

  Okay, I don't know what to believe anymore. So, I wrote her a quick note:

  I heard what you told Diggory. Is that true?

  I gave her the paper. She quickly answered:

  Yeah.

  I'm sorry, I wrote. I didn't know. 

  Once again, she answered me quickly:

  That's okay. I didn't expect you to believe it.

  Uh?!

  What do you mean?

  I heard her sigh. She answered again, this time she took a while to answer.

  The world isn't all about you, James. Sure, I wanted you to tell me the truth, but I wouldn't be like that only because you didn't tell me the truth. Just... forget about what you heard, please. It's always like that.

  I didn't know what to answer.

  Okay, I'm sorry. Friends?

  I know, that was stupid of mine. I looked at her, and I saw her smiling.

  We'll be always friends.

  I know we both look like some sort of Mary Sue right now, but believe me, we're not. We just have a really weird friendship.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ

Okay!!!! This was really small, I know! This is part one, that's why! Part two will be bigger, I guess. I cut it into two because... there were two completely different topics! So yeah, I'm sorry! Hope you liked this!!❤️