Chapter 23: How to skip detention (James Sirius Potter edition)

Author's Note: this chapter DOES NOT CONTAINS CURSED CHILD SPOILERS, feel free to read:) it may looks like, but there aren't. There's only a theory!! I hope you enjoy!!

James' POV

Monday, night.
  "Do you feel worried?" Bruno asked us.
  "Nah." I answered
  "Should we?"
  "Um... Yeah?"
"Nope!" I exclaimed.
  "We're loosing time. The sooner the better." C said.
  "Okay, then. You two go to the kitchen earlier, I need to talk to James. Okay?" Diggory looked at me.
  C and Bruno nodded and then, they got out of the common room.
It was incredible how Diggory became one of my closest friends during September. I know I can trust him, and he knows he can trust me.
  "When you'll kiss her?" Diggory whispered.
  I looked at him. "Sorry?"
  "We are excited to see your first kiss. When it will happen?" He started to laugh.
"Well Diggory... I don't know. I don't think she likes me in that way, you know. So I stopped trying. Now I just want to be her best friend."
  "So you basically gave up?"
  I felt uncomfortable. "I don't usually give up, but I will today. At least, for a while."
  "You know you shouldn't, right?"
  I took a deep breath.
  "I do. I know that I'm probably taking a wrong step, but if she doesn't likes me..."
  "She does. But I think only as a friend, I'm sorry James."
  I nodded, while looking at the floor.
  "I know."
  We hesitated.
  "I don't want to lose her." I concluded, sadly.
  Diggory answered me:
  "None of us wants to. We know she has already been through many things 'n stuff, but sometimes it just seems like she is... As normal as we are. Well, you're not normal. Your dad is super famous because he has also been through much."
  "Yeah."
  I was in silence, deep in my thoughts. Diggory messed everything up when he said it would be better if we started walking to the kitchen's. I nodded and walked with him.
  "We had a few days to make the plan." I said."I think it will be great."
"Yeah. I think so."
  I looked to the floor, then up again. Everything was spinning.
  "James?" Diggory was calling me.
  "James!" He continued; then, it seemed as he was going far away.
  After, everything went black.

  I saw Hogwarts.
  I saw my brother; a older version of him. The sorting would begin. I saw the Gryffindor table; an amazing image. C was by my side, actually, she was hugging me.
  "It will begin!" She exclaimed.
  Some names were called; Rose, my cousin, was there. Then, my brother was called; a flash; dark again.
  Was this a future update or just a dream?
  I saw Hufflepuff's symbol. Then I saw C, trying to wake me up.
  "Maybe it was a shock; everyone was laughing at him and at his brother. I said it, Diggory; everyone is cursed because of me. Then, Jamie passes out. I think I know the reason. I hope he gets well with his brother from now on. The love of my life..." She whispered this last sentence.
  "I didn't get why people were laughing at them, as bad wizards invaded the castle and tried to injure everybody." Diggory said. He was at the rooms corner, up on a chair
   "Me too. It's weird, you know."
  Okay, I didn't understand that well. My brother was probably sorted at another house, or he made something stupid. 'Love of my life'? Was she my girlfriend? Or will be? That's confusing. This would happen on 2017. Okay. I could fix it, if it was true. Change my brother, maybe? If I passed out, it was something serious.

  "James?" Someone said. I opened my eyes.
  "Year?"
  C looked confused.
  "2015. Why?"
  I sit down and hugged her.
  "Thankfully, thankfully. I thought I was still dreaming about..."
  "2017? Your brother's sorting ceremony? You murmured something. You didn't look... Good." She said.
  "Oh, he's okay. So, we replaced detention for tomorrow. We managed to do that, I don't know how. What happened, James?" Diggory was coming with Bruno by his side.
  "Nothing guys, really. I'm okay. You should get some rest."
  "We? You are the one who needs to rest, James! Could you please tell us what happened?" Carina, apparently, was worried. I could see that in her eyes.
  "Only for you, C. Sorry guys, I just... It's personal, you know?"
  "We understand. Come on, Diggory. Let's go." Bruns asked him, Diggory nodded and then, started walking.
  We went to the room of requirement, which looked like Gryffindor's common room. We sat down, and I started speaking:
  "2017, I saw my brother's sorting ceremony, as you already know. Something happened... I know that I passed out. And you tried to wake me up. Actually, you were talking to Diggory. I also saw Hufflepuff's symbol."
  "Well, you'd not be angry if he went to Hufflepuff. So there is something... John? Diggory?"
  "Diggory is from Gryffindor, C."
   "I'm talking about Cedric Diggory, dude."
  "But he's dead!" I exclaimed.
  Then, we looked at each other and hesitated.
  "Shit. Okay, there will be a play next year. Harry Potter and the cursed child."
  "Is it me?" I widened my eyes.
  "First; you know that I'm the cursed one, not you. And I think it's Albus, because I don't know why most of the people focus on him, not you. But, as J.K. Rowling is enigmatic, maybe it will be Scorpius Malfoy"
  "Ew." I stopped her. She looked at me and continued;
  "Or your cousin, Rose Weasley. Those are my theories, of course. And... Cedric Diggory. Past? Go to the past and... No, this is not possible. There are no Time Turners anymore."
  "Maybe, one was hidden, I don't know." I speculated.
  "Maybe. There are small chances. As almost everything that J. K. says turns out to be completed or anything like that, we need to wait until next year to discover. Then, we can think about it."
  "Agreed." I concluded.
  "Okay. James, just for curiosity, what did I say?"
  "Well, that the reason why I passed out was probably a shock; everyone was laughing at me and Albus, I think. That everyone is cursed because of you, which is not true, you need to understand that. Then, well, a mysterious person called James aka me passes out. That you thought you knew the reason of it.That... You hoped  I could be capable to get on well with my  brother from that moment to the future. Then, you whispered 'The love of my life', I don't know why."
  "Wait, do you know what I meant with 'love of my life?'"
  Okay. Should I? Was it the wright time? Should I wait? No?
  I made the stupidest thing ever; smiled and said:
  "No idea."
  Okay. I think Diggory would kill me, also because our faces were millimeters away from each other.
  "Okay... Let's go?" She pointed to the door.
  "I'll be right behind you." I looked around, and I thought about something; on the dream, Carina had another scar; on her arm.