Shadow and Flame

(Legolas' POV)

 "I wished not for it to come to this, but you leave me no choice." I then turned to Glorfindel. "I wonder if your Balrog Slayer is up for another fight."

 As I said these words, the ground began to rumble and a load roar could be heard. Glorfindel's eyes widened in knowing of what was approaching.

When I saw the elf's face I started to laugh mercilessly. "Nobody ever said that it would be easy elf." I continued to laugh as the orcs ran away and the Fellowship backed away in fear.

The rumbling grew as the Balrog got closer. The Fellowship began to run, but Aragorn lingered, a betrayed look in his eyes. He then turned and followed the others.

I still cannot believe I was ever friends with such an idiotic man. He is not fit to rule.  I started my way up along the pillars, nimbly jumping from one to the other. The plan was to shoot them down as they descended the stairs, killing as many as we could.

I reached an opening towards the ceiling and crawled through, stepping into an open chamber. I took my place behind a pillar and crouched down, readying an arrow for when they arrived.

it did not take long for them to enter, running as quickly as they could.

The elf jumped first, reaching the other side of the gap and beckoned for the wizard to follow. Once he made it across, I signalled for the orcs to begin fire. Arrows started at them hitting before the halflings feet.

I shot my own towards the elf, but he ducked, firing one back. Avoiding it, I jumped up and began moving firing at our targets though everyone seemed to miss...

I growled in outrage as everyone but a hobbit and human had somehow safely made it across. I hadn't been able to hit a single one with my arrows! My shot was always perfection! Why wasn't I able to hit them?

"FOLLOW THEM!" I yelled at the orcs. They all obeyed, running quickly to the other side of the wall where the Bridge lay.

All of the Fellowship except for Gandalf had crossed, but the Balrog has already arrived. He stood up, wreathed in flames as he growled at the wizard.

"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor..." the wizard said. "The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun!" The Balrog crashed down on to the wizard, but he parried the blow and stepped back.

"Go back to the Shadow!" The Balrog steeped forward onto the bridge, intimidating the wizard. I grinned, this will be his end and we shall not have to deal with him again. 

"YOU... SHALL NOT... PASS!" His sword and staff slammed down onto the bridge. When the Balrog took a step, the bridge collapsed, making him fall.

As the wizard stepped away, believing this to all be over, a whip of fire came up and latched onto his leg, pulling him to the edge of the bridge where he held on for life.

"Fly you fools." And that was it for he lost his grip, falling into the black depths below, never to rise again. I laughed, watching as the Fellowship ran towards the exit. I ran to stand above them and watched as they looked up to me, anger displayed on their faces.

"It is a shame he was lost, I was honestly hoping for your elf, but we can't always get what we desire now can we?" I smiled wickedly and watched as they ran out.

I didn't follow them but instead looked around me.

They were already broken, I could wait to break them further when they are even weaker.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! No school tomorrow so I shall update again!

~Zelinith