Swimming. With a King.

By the time we reached our destination, my bottom was sore and painful, my thighs a burning fire that could not stop, the muscles aching from keeping me upright. Thranduil dismounted just as easily as he had gotten on, and if he felt any of the pain I did, I could not see it. After all, he had probably spent centuries mastering himself through the harsh labor. Taking my waist, he lifted me from Belegon's back, the fire subsiding but still there. "May I ask you a question?"

      I simply nodded, too numbed to speak.

     "Why do you wear something beneath your dress?"

     His keen eyes did not fail him, and I felt foolish for giving myself hope that he wouldn't take notice, when his hands rested on the waist of the home-cut shorts, their bulkiness noticeable through the sheer fabric of the dress. But his words still had startled me and even when he set my feet on the ground his hands did not leave my side, their pressure a comfort and a distraction.

     "When a woman wears clothing, along with a corset, they have the courage to speak wisely and freely. It is hard for a man to understand that a woman does not always love her body. I am one who learned that as a person we build up images of the perfect mate. When we are with someone, that image is not how we wish it, and woman are the most judged upon. Hiding myself is the only way I feel beautiful... is that understandable?"

      He didn't reply, but his hands left my waist, taking the warmth in my body with them. He went and took the sacks off of Belegon's back, setting them to the ground and untying the restraints on his mouth, letting the horse wander and do as he pleases until needed again. He walked past me and I watched his lilthful grace guide him to the edge of the pool. I ached to know what he was thinking but his face was of the hardest stone, and instead took in the area. It was just the size of a community rec center, one in a small town made for 10,000 not hundreds of thousands. It resembled a hole in a ground, with dirt at its bottom and sides and grass surrounding its top. A small stream trickled the water that filled it at the edge of the forest, feeding the watering hole for animals. But tonight it would hold a king and a city girl for the first time.

      I watched and did not move from my spot, even as I heard Belegon eating the wild grasses behind me and listened to the animals running through the woods, leaving my loneliness to grow and yearn for his comfort. It wasn't until he stood by the edge of the water and removed his tunic that warmth returned to my body, and heated the air around me.

     He was chiseled of moonlight and stone, so perfectly etched from my dreams that I did not dare to touch him lest he turn to mist and vanish. His silken hair fell about his broad shoulders and whispered on the toned lines on his chest. He slid off his boots next, revealing feet the same palette of his skin, and the sight surprised me. Feet tend to be paler than skin more accustomed to the sun, and I marveled at the idea of him walking around barefoot in gardens and woodlands. I knew what would come next and when his slender fingers took the hems of his pants I slapped my hands over my eyes, clenching them tight just to be safe. I never learned whether elves wear underwear or not. They had brought me plenty, sure, but who knew whether those were crafted just for me, or if they were spare pairs. Either way I didn't want to take the chance, and my inner voices battled each other. One side wanted to stand tall and look impressed at what he would reveal, and give a sly remark, showing that I was impressed by his boldness. But the other wanted to turn away and yell for him to get dressed, his actions indecent. Nakedness was never easy for me, sex with light on was never my favorite either, unless I was hopelessly wasted, but public nudity I couldn't bear and although I knew it was just the two of us in nature, I couldn't stop the blood rushing to my cheeks like a child, and the blood rushing to my pelvis like a perve.

      The faint sound of sloshing water grabbed my attention, and I slowly lifted my hands from my eyes, seeing that he had entered the pool and was standing now waist deep, the water lapping at his sex trail, enjoying it as much as I knew it would. There was a small smile on his perfect lips as he caught me staring, but I could do nothing but blush deeper.