Revelations

Only when I got to my room to change did the nervousness hit me. First it was because I realized they gave me a new room. It was larger with a fireplace, a bathroom, and a larger bed. The carpeting was even better, if that was possible. Clearly I had been upgraded.

     Then the second wave hit. I hadn't had any sort of meal with Thranduil before, I didn't know how to behave, what to wear. Hell, was I just supposed to wing it? No way, this was my chance to prove I had manners and etiquette, I had to look perfect. I went to the door and popped my head out, no more guards posted outside, until a female elf passed by.

     "Excuse me. Can I perhaps get someone to help me dress?"

     "Of course, Colfindes. I will send for someone."

     "Thank you." Colfi-what? Closing the door behind me I ran my fingers on the stone fireplace, the cream colored stone smooth and cool beneath my fingertips. I turned to the bed and felt the fabric, slippery, no doubt real silk. But that was nothing I could sleep on. I strolled to the side and pulled back the silken blanket. A soft and fluffy blanket was underneath that and underneath that was another blanket just like it, something to lay on besides a bedsheet. Perfect. In every way.

     The door opened and my regulars came in. Brown-haired, green-eyed, and black-haired, brown-eyed.

   They curtsied as they entered

   They curtsied as they entered. "My lady." The brown-haired one said. "We are glad to see you back, and unharmed."

     "I would hold the unharmed bit." I said as they came to my side. Feeling an ebbing pain.

      The concern on their faces made my heart ping but I saw their noses crinkle before they could hide it. "A bath first, my lady." Brown pulled me up and led me to the bathroom, where black had already run a bath.

     The bathroom was simple but still grand. A marble tub, a toilet in the corner, and a full length mirror with a simple sink next to that. Since the vanity was in the other room, I'm guessing they didn't find a need for a sink with a mirror above it. Everything had its simple purpose.

     I allowed them to strip me of my dress. I had changed for the funeral, but didnt have time for a bath, unless I bathed in the lake and I didn't want to test my luck with pneumonia.

     The women gasped audibly as my chest was revealed. "What?" As I looked back I saw my reflection in the mirror, and my mouth fell open in shock. My back had spots black and blue, each goofball sized. As the rest of my dress fell away I saw the rest of my body looked the same, but my back bore the worst of it. The adrenaline must have kept me from feeling the pain, but now that the adventure was over, I had to deal with the consequences.

     The ladies were extremely gentle and as the water became steamy, they shoved me in. The shock of it fueling my fall. I screamed, no doubt the cellar could hear me. Black held me down as Brown ran out and returned with a jar of something. When I adjusted to the heat they had me lean forward which was more painful than I expected. And I jumped when something as cold as ice touched my skin.