A Brief Description and Beginning

Aeolus stared at herself in the mirror. The stylist had done a good job, transforming her scraggly brown strands of hair into a luscious gold wave that reached just above her belly button. The weaved in golden dye really caught the light and glimmered as if was real gold, and from the looks she got from the strangers as she walked into the club, she knew she was one of a kind.

     Aeolus was never the prettiest, with hazel eyes, pale skin, and a wide face, not pixie shaped at all. Thin lips had always made her look as if she had a permanent scowl with mascara and eyeliner giving her more of a mysterious side, transforming her to less of a bitch and more of a troublemaker. She had a small frame as well, but with curves that weren't bad but she didn't want.

     I touched up the water resistant eyeliner that wasn't so resistant after all and left the small bathroom, feeling proud of the shimmering curtain that turned with me.

     The strobe lights blinded me, my eyes adjusting from the calm fluorescent of the bathroom to the neon brilliance of the club stunning my nerves for a moment. This was the third visit this week, shifting from the club a block over that was my regular spot. It was dingier here, spills uncleaned spread stickily against tables, the thick soles of my boots held to the floor for swift heart-shaking seconds before releasing their hold. But, the regulars didn't mind my jeans and sweatshirt, a stark difference from the glittery sequined dresses showing more than necessary, offering a night of free grabs.

     I thought of the voicemail taunting me on the house phone, left practically four hours ago by my mother. "Hey A!-" A fit of high-pitched giggles ensued, running across my nerves with a fork. "Hey A...Get it! It rhymes! Anyways, we just left the dock and you won't believe how huge this ship is! We're going to the Caribbean- did we tell you that? I don't remember, we told Megan. Whatever. Don't do anything stupid! See you in a few months, maybe. Love yoooouu!" She was drunk, no surprise. And she hadn't told me she was going anywhere, again. Mexico, Florida, Hawaii, and now the Caribbean. My ignorant sister Megan at least told me of the first two, after that she just stopped. And then stopped calling all together. Don't do anything stupid. The phrase I was practically raised on. If you called five nannies and knowing the brands of whiskey before the alphabet a childhood.

     Don't do anything stupid. The words filled my veins with fire.

     After a few hours of dancing the free drinks kept coming, and I gladly took them all. The cute brunette shown a drunken smile at me as we grinded against each other, his mossy green eyes dull and enchanting. When the floor felt wobbly beneath my feet we stumbled to the maze of mirrors, where teens could get lost in dead ends for a night of mischievous dealings.

     I sluggishly moved through the labyrinth, knocking into a blurry reflection more than once. I turned to the brunette hoping for a kiss, but he was gone. Even distant reflections showing no hint of him.

     I stumbled around the corners with the delusions of myself at my side. A wave of nausea rushed over me suddenly and I slumped against the mirror, trying to hold back the tequila that was fighting for release.

     Breath, just breath.

     Warm yellow light glowed across my closed eyelids and blinking them open I looked to my left where the light reflected off a hallway I hadn't noticed. I warily stood, balancing for a moment, and followed the sound of chirping birds around one of the corners where I realized was a dead end. I stumbled through the small hallway that led to a large circular room.

     In the farthest mirror I saw something I couldn't understand. There was an image so beautiful and lifelike I thought someone had stuck a poster to the surface.

     As I got closer I stared in wonder as the clouds moved in the clear sky and the leaves danced in the wind. I felt the sun shining on my skin, warm and soft, felt the breeze rustle my hair, kissing my cheeks.

     Awed, I reached out toward the scene and my hand slipped through. Surprise and fear mixed through me but my momentum was already moving forward and I found myself falling through the image unable to stop myself.

I'm editing this beginning as I go along, so don't be surprised about updates. I usually write out a story before I type it so bear with me. Comment on anything you like and don't like. I'm always open to critics. ^u^ Oh, and the next bit is where the second movie starts out.